PDA

View Full Version : anyone interested in getting some head porting done?

Sam-Q
18th August 2009, 10:38 AM
Hey guys I am thinking of stating to do some head porting for people as part of my buisness. I have done a bit before with sucess. It would be at my place in Endeavour Hills and I would probably only want $150 for a complete clean up and reshape.

Would anyone be potentially interested?

I also can do diff conversions and dual caliper brackets for the rear

shelldrake
19th August 2009, 10:07 PM
Would you take the head assembed - So it can be pulled down, ported, then get re-assembled for an extra fee? You should list the types of heads you have done already. :)

Sam-Q
20th August 2009, 07:08 PM
yes with quite possibly providing I have the right tool or have the time to make the right tool.

I havent done much so far:

datsun 2000
20v silvertop
20v blacktop
7afe
2TG

Frak
20th August 2009, 08:03 PM
Dude $150 is a bargain, I just finished a ST head and the hours I put into that were rediculous!!! I flow benched before, along the way and after to make sure I was getting the right areas. I estimate about 40 hours on the head.

Sam-Q
20th August 2009, 08:11 PM
I know it is but I dont own a flow bench, all I promise is that I take special care to make the ports even and thats it.

BTW I better clarify $150 is the average price for moderate deburring and reshaping, no elaborate contouring or for difficult heads as that would be a higher (but still cheap) cost.