PDA

View Full Version : Oz Drift GP - Baskerville Raceway

Delazy
22nd August 2009, 07:50 PM
http://www.pixorhost.net/upload/4fv52b2ngcv4pw5gfn8i0119lax80quurzlfpmc84jzze4o6hr .jpg

worked
23rd August 2009, 01:03 PM
fuck yeah
best track for it!!

driftke70
24th August 2009, 06:02 PM
would love to check it out

worked
25th August 2009, 12:41 AM
less talk, more action
do it!! our house (well it's a hall actually but still) could accomodate another two ke/ae drivers (and heavy drinkers preferably) whether your entering or coming to watch and go for a bit of a drive to some secret locations the friday night is cool
i'm sure i'm not the only tas bloke keen to help out with spare couches an shit either
will be a rare weekend thats for sure

driftke70
25th August 2009, 11:02 AM
im saving now buddy, never been to tas, might have to go to melbourne to pick up a car, coudl drive over, will see.

Brendo
25th August 2009, 12:12 PM
Gonna be mad event, i plan to enter street class. Partying is gonna be equally as insane as the skids!!

ToySprinta
25th August 2009, 12:58 PM
I'll hopefully be entering again :)

Delazy
2nd September 2009, 12:31 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OZ DRIFT GP ANNOUNCEMENT - Number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OZ Drift GP is proud to announce the very first confirmed entrant for the PRO-CLASS

After a brilliant 2008/2009 season that included so many crazy moments....ladies and gentlemen your first entrant is....

'COOL HAND' LUKE FINK

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/22113.jpg

Luke who drives for the slick Holford Motors Drift Team, comes to Tassie representing Victoria, and will be driving one of the most highly developed S14 Nissan drift packages in the world. His ride is about as nuts as the driver, packing some serious SR20 giddy-up. Massive entries, incredible speed, and more attitude that ever before will make Luke one of the big names to beat at the OZ Drift GP event.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/22114.jpg

Hot from his domination of the recent Drift Supercup Event at Mallala Raceway in South Australia, Luke is coming to Tassie for one reason......to have as much sickass fun as possible......a direct quote from the big man himself :yes: Get set Tasmania....Luke Fink is headed your way in November, and is ready to belt the Baskerville track like never before. Did someone say BIG ENTRY COMP?

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3051/dacars4.jpg

For more details on Luke and the whole Holfords team...check them out here - CLICK HERE (http://www.holfordmotors.com/index.html)

More announcements coming soon - stay tuned!

ToySprinta
2nd September 2009, 12:55 PM
Spirit of tassies expensive!
I might just load the 86 up an drive from Canberra...

Delazy
2nd September 2009, 01:30 PM
Spirit of tassies expensive!
I might just load the 86 up an drive from Canberra...

yeh, spirit is quite expensive...

i believe interstate drivers will be provided with an "$$ incentive" upon entry...but yet to become official...

i think the route alot of ppl will be taking is trailer car to melbourne, store trailer somewhere, drive car onto boat and then make use of a local car carrier to transport the car from ferry terminal down to hobart...

a few things in the winds that will make this alot easier for drivers to organise...but im quite dissappointed at the slow pace the organisation of this is going...might have to get in a few ppls ears and give them the hurry up...

worked
6th September 2009, 12:54 PM
like i said a few of us can help with accomodation to make it a little easier.
the bonus with staying with locals is we can sneak out at night and show you some of the spots around here, one in particular that needs to be seen and is only an hour from my house!
many entries for the pro class??

Delazy
6th September 2009, 05:58 PM
many entries for the pro class??

no entry forms out yet

worked
6th September 2009, 08:10 PM
f*ck, well much interest then? do i have to spell it out!!

Delazy
6th September 2009, 08:45 PM
f*ck, well much interest then? do i have to spell it out!!

quite alot of interest from around the country....up and coming drivers and seasoned DA professionals

DR86TY
7th September 2009, 03:07 PM
Might be keen on this.

How much do they charge to drive on the boat from melbourne to tassie?

willa
7th September 2009, 08:32 PM
http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/index.htm

There is day trips, and then there is night trips with cabins and so forth, but they are more expensive.

the most basic looks to be around $100 per adult, $80 for the car, and i 'spose another $80 for a trailer?

CBF going through the whole site, just throwing some basic figures out there.

EDIT: There is a table to calculate car/trailer combo's if its longer than their 'standard' length...

matt99
7th September 2009, 10:12 PM
What site can I look at entries/prices/more info on the ACTUAL event on? I found the motorsporttas.com.au website to have very little info.

Got a link to another site/entries Delazy?

Delazy
7th September 2009, 10:42 PM
What site can I look at entries/prices/more info on the ACTUAL event on? I found the motorsporttas.com.au website to have very little info.

Got a link to another site/entries Delazy?

currently in the process of publishing a event dedicated website i believe...so hopefully for there sake its up in the coming days...soo much interest in this event it would definately be detrimental to the event if they didnt...

SATURDAY;

• Massive Street & Pro Class open practice sessions
• Qualifying - Street Class
• Qualifying - Pro Class
• SPECIAL top-end qualifying seeding system for Pro Class!
• Big Entry Comp
• Sponsor Rides
• DR Extreme Motorcycle Stunts
• Club Track Cruise
• Track Walk

SUNDAY;

• Tandem battles - Street
• Tandem battles - Pro
• Team Drift
• Time Attack – Race Cars/Road Cars
• State of Origin Drift Challenge - Last man standing!
• Open Track Drift session
• Something cool will fill this spot!
• Finals
• DR Extreme Motorcycle Stunts

In addition to the above;

• Club Displays & Cruise to the Track
• Club Parking (Sat)
• ‘5S’ Car Park (Sun)
• Trade Displays
• Pit row prizes
• Best battle awards
• Best presented
• Drift Pig award
• All-Star Judging team!

Pro Class
1st Qualifying....$1,500 cash

Winner....$5,000 cash & OzDrift GP Trophy
Second....$1,500 cash & trophy
Third....$500 cash & trophy
4th to 16th....$350 cash (each)

SO!......Enter Pro, qualify into the top 16 and win your entry fee back!!!!!

Street Class
1st Qualifying....$500 cash

Winner....$1000 cash & trophy
Second....$250 cash & trophy
Third....$200 cash & trophy

!!!!!!!!THAT'S $15,000 dollars IN PRIZE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Competitor Entries:

Entry Forms out on 1st September from - www.motorsportstas.com.au (http://www.motorsportstas.com.au)
Pro $330 (includes 2 weekend passes)
Street $220 (includes 2 weekend passes)

Public Entry

Saturday $25, Sunday $35,
Weekend Pass $50
Gates open 9am both days
Track action starts at 11.30am Sat, and 9.30am Sunday
Free parking

matt99
8th September 2009, 05:41 PM
Think ill head over for this in my dirty Nissan.

$220 to slide for 2 days, plus qualify or not, I still get to watch the event.

Do you have something to do with the organisation of the event Delazy? Or just letting people know about it?

Delazy
8th September 2009, 08:02 PM
Do you have something to do with the organisation of the event Delazy? Or just letting people know about it?

myself and 2 other ae86dc members are the committee leaders for drifting tasmania....the group that run all the events in the south of tasmania and basically head up the organisation of the state drift series...although this event is being ran under motorsport tasmania, we and i guess myself have quite an involvement although not on offical context...more so reccomendations etc...

Delazy
8th September 2009, 11:17 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/22575.jpg

OZ Drift GP class entry is now open!!! Whether you want to hit it up street style or mix it with the big dogs in Pro....OZ Drift has a class for you! This event WILL be massive, and with $15000 in prize money up for grabs, positions for both classes are strictly limited. OZ Drift GP now has a designated information website/portal for you to get all the information you need at the click of a button.

AVOID DISAPOINTMENT TODAY

Once the fields are full, only a few extra entries will be allowed. Get in early to avoid the depression of missing such a monumental event, and get in early to secure YOUR spot in the biggest drift event in Tassie motorsport history. Here's the hotlinks to all entries.....and your ticket to one of the hottest drift events in 2009!

OZ DRIFT GP WEBSITE - CLICK HERE (http://www.ozdriftgp.com.au/)

PRO ENTRY FORM - CLICK HERE (http://www.ozdriftgp.com.au/OzDrift%20GP%2009%20ENTRY%20FORM%20Pro.pdf)

STREET ENTRY FORM - CLICK HERE (http://www.ozdriftgp.com.au/OzDrift%20GP%2009%20ENTRY%20FORM%20Street.pdf)

TIME ATTACK ENTRY FORM - CLICK HERE (http://www.ozdriftgp.com.au/OzDrift%20GP%2009%20ENTRY%20FORM%20Street.pdf)

Oh and if your coming from the mainland with a racecar......you'll need to check out this next link! :yes:

MAINLAND TO TASSIE FREIGHT INFO - CLICK HERE (http://www.ozdriftgp.com.au/Race%20Vehicle%20Freight%20-%20Tasmania1.pdf)

More info as it comes to hand......WHEN AND IF I HAVE IT....so please have some patience :thumbsup:

get in quickly

Cerby86
4th October 2009, 01:22 PM
WOOT!!! This will be worth seeing!!! Especially with Lloyd sure to be trying reverse entries or upside entries or corkscrew entries or whatever the little loony thinks up :P

Skid_KE70
14th October 2009, 06:06 PM
IDEAL.. i will be running with the street guys, should be awsome fun

keygs86
18th October 2009, 11:16 PM
hey guys

just wondering do any of yous no where i could get cheap accomadation doesnt matter where bouts in hobart is it

cheers daniel

Delazy
18th October 2009, 11:37 PM
hey guys

just wondering do any of yous no where i could get cheap accomadation doesnt matter where bouts in hobart is it

cheers daniel

cosy cabins or fountain side hotel will be your best bet...

matt99
19th October 2009, 04:29 PM
Im heading over now, but just as a spectator.

Cant afford to get my car over there really, along with all the accosiated costs.

Anyone want to lend me a car? Haha.

Skid_KE70
26th October 2009, 02:42 PM
Should try bring it across matt, i have wheels, tyres, tools etc you can use
i should be running :)

Brendo
26th October 2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah im going street class if i can get this engine soon, get it in and tune it to a magical 20psi. Also have a 4.3 ratio coming so will be suited to basky woo

Me V Daimsy in praccy sesh

matt99
26th October 2009, 07:31 PM
Should try bring it across matt, i have wheels, tyres, tools etc you can use
i should be running :)

Yeah, im seriously concidering it now. Would be bringing the S13 over though, not the KE.

Does anyone know, if im already booked on the boat as coming with 3 other people in one car, if I can add another car on? Obviously at the extra car price im assuming. Should just call them hey.

Fuck, I have some organising to do.

Brendo
27th October 2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah that should be fine, just call the spirit and give them your booking number etc and explain the situation. Then when u get off the boat in dev come for a touge skid first :p

ToySprinta
29th October 2009, 12:57 PM
^^^^ hmmm, I'll be coming in on Friday morning :D

matt99
29th October 2009, 06:07 PM

So will Fink, myself and a few others. (Thursday night/friday morning ship yeah?)

Ok, ok. So Im booked on the boat with the Gayvia now, so ill definatly have my car there.

Just went and joined a car club, hopefully go and hand my forms into CAMS tomorrow.

Then I just have to enter and im set, hope theres still going to be spots left.

If not, guess im going to be doing a lot of streeting with you Tassie boys.

Tassie here I come.

Delazy
29th October 2009, 06:44 PM

So will Fink, myself and a few others. (Thursday night/friday morning ship yeah?)

Ok, ok. So Im booked on the boat with the Gayvia now, so ill definatly have my car there.

Just went and joined a car club, hopefully go and hand my forms into CAMS tomorrow.

Then I just have to enter and im set, hope theres still going to be spots left.

If not, guess im going to be doing a lot of streeting with you Tassie boys.

Tassie here I come.

ideal stuff...still plenty of room for entries, so dnt be stressing about that...

not that many street spots nearby hobart, but apparently fink is keen on some fun friday night...so guess we'll have to find something ideal

ToySprinta
29th October 2009, 06:51 PM
fark yeah, sounds like fun on the spirit of tassie :p going el povvo "ocean view recliners" sounds inviting :p

I'm actually driving the drift car down, are you guys towing or driving?

matt99
29th October 2009, 07:06 PM
ideal stuff...still plenty of room for entries, so dnt be stressing about that...

Sweet, if all goes to plan, ill be sending mine off mid next week or something.

fark yeah, sounds like fun on the spirit of tassie :p going el povvo "ocean view recliners" sounds inviting :p

I'm actually driving the drift car down, are you guys towing or driving?

Yeah, im driving. I think my biggest worry other than there still being availible entry spots is my car getting beached and stuck on the top/bottom of the ramp onto the boat. Haha.

Delazy
29th October 2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah, im driving. I think my biggest worry other than there still being availible entry spots is my car getting beached and stuck on the top/bottom of the ramp onto the boat. Haha.

well the first problem isnt a problem as there is still "plenty" of room for entrants...

and the second problem...ask when checking in if you can board with the trucks at wharf level due to having a low car ;)

Cerby86
29th October 2009, 11:24 PM
don't go near dads place this time cos i'll never hear the end of it :P

matt99
8th November 2009, 09:53 PM
The cheque has been banked so im assuming they recieved my entry, will still call to confirm anyway.

Still waiting on my actual Cams licence though. Apparantly its been sent.

So yeah, everything should come together nicely. This should be a good trip I think.

Are there any requirements for my car (other than the obvious general saftey things)? I.E: Does my cage need to be CAMS approved? And do I need to run those little "battery" and "tow" stickers?

ToySprinta
8th November 2009, 10:03 PM
I'm out :( 86 called it quits at vicdrift :(

I now have a return ticket availble on the ferry for $200 with car....

Delazy
8th November 2009, 10:20 PM
The cheque has been banked so im assuming they recieved my entry, will still call to confirm anyway.

Still waiting on my actual Cams licence though. Apparantly its been sent.

So yeah, everything should come together nicely. This should be a good trip I think.

Are there any requirements for my car (other than the obvious general saftey things)? I.E: Does my cage need to be CAMS approved? And do I need to run those little "battery" and "tow" stickers?

http://www.driftingtasmania.com.au/files/DRIFT_20PREPARATION.pdf

matt99
9th November 2009, 09:47 PM
Mr. Delaney, I truely owe you a beer.

Delazy
9th November 2009, 09:54 PM
Mr. Delaney, I truely owe you a beer.

:jdmsmile::jdmsmile:

no problems mate...there will be plenty of time for that ;P

any mainlanders that take the effort to venture this far south deserve a helping hand :)

was wondering how you knew my last name...then remeber'd it was on the website lol

Delazy
12th November 2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQyuArFpBck

boost+k
16th November 2009, 12:37 PM
mean vid... whos is the grey 70? :heart: and whats in it?

Rip it
16th November 2009, 06:04 PM
mean vid... whos is the grey 70? :heart: and whats in it?

That's Pidwells, SR powered. 200 plus KW = Sick.

Delazy
16th November 2009, 06:56 PM
That's Pidwells, SR powered. 200 plus KW = Sick.

believe its more around the 250rwkw mark now with the rb25 box and gt3071r

Rip it
16th November 2009, 07:21 PM
believe its more around the 250rwkw mark now with the rb25 box and gt3071r

Sorry Captain Statistics.:DD

matt99
16th November 2009, 08:24 PM
Hey John,

What time do gates open for competitors? Also a time for scrutineering/sign in?

Also, do we get the "two included weekend passes" at sign in or something?

Delazy
16th November 2009, 08:35 PM
Hey John,

What time do gates open for competitors? Also a time for scrutineering/sign in?

Also, do we get the "two included weekend passes" at sign in or something?

believe gates will be open early for competitors...usually 8am...should be scruitineers at track 8.30 onwards...

if you arent contacted regarding the included weekend passes in the coming days, they'll definately have them at the gate on the morning of the event...so dnt stress about that...

fire me a pm and ill send u my mobile number incase u have dramas at any point during the arrival in tassie...assuming ur on the thursday night boat with most of the other compeititors u should be in good hands...nigel has done it all before...

will be a gathering at a local salvage joint/all round good blokes business..beverages/bbq/pizza on friday night..so ill fire u some details regarding that aswell

matt99
24th November 2009, 09:10 AM
Well, what an event.

First of all, massive thanks to you Delazy for helping me out with everything I needed to get there. People tell me that you are really helping drifting in Tassie and after this weekend I would have to agree with them (regardless of what Racin' Jason thinks).

For myself, I had an absolute ball. Even though my dirty Datsun is absolutly rooted now, I was very happy with how the whole weekend went. Baskerville is definatly my favorite skid track now. So many undulations and a wide mix of tight and sweeping corners make for a great drift track.

Car semi lasted the event, but I ended up flat towing it all the way from Hobart to the boat behind a mates Falcon due to strange cooling issues amongst other things (f*cking Datsuns).

For those of you that dont know/were'nt there, the results:

Pro Class:

1st: Leigh Pidwell (VIC, KE70)
2nd: Truscott (VIC, S13)
3rd: Luke Fink (VIC, S14)

Street Class:

1st: Brendan Mansfield (TAS, S13)
2nd: Tim Bateman AKA: AE71KID on this forum (VIC, KE70)
3rd: Myself (Yes a bit of shameless self promotion).

And on that note, I would like to congratulate Tim on 2nd in street. He worked hard to get there after wrecking some valves at the last Winton day and it all payed off for him in the end.

There were a few guys off this site that came down from the mainland to watch, it was good to see you guys there supporting the sport (sorry, I forgot most of your names).

Ill throw some pics up when they become availible.

Delazy
24th November 2009, 11:06 AM
Well, what an event.

First of all, massive thanks to you Delazy for helping me out with everything I needed to get there. People tell me that you are really helping drifting in Tassie and after this weekend I would have to agree with them (regardless of what Racin' Jason thinks).

lol..all good bloke..hope to see you back down at some point :)

willa
24th November 2009, 10:07 PM
Well, what an event.

For myself, I had an absolute ball. Even though my dirty Datsun is absolutly rooted now, I was very happy with how the whole weekend went. Baskerville is definatly my favorite skid track now. So many undulations and a wide mix of tight and sweeping corners make for a great drift track.

Car semi lasted the event, but I ended up flat towing it all the way from Hobart to the boat behind a mates Falcon due to strange cooling issues amongst other things (f*cking Datsuns).

For those of you that dont know/were'nt there, the results:

Pro Class:

1st: Leigh Pidwell (VIC, KE70)
2nd: Truscott (VIC, S13)
3rd: Luke Fink (VIC, S14)

Street Class:

1st: Brendan Mansfield (TAS, S13)
2nd: Tim Bateman AKA: AE71KID on this forum (VIC, KE70)
3rd: Myself (Yes a bit of shameless self promotion).

And on that note, I would like to congratulate Tim on 2nd in street. He worked hard to get there after wrecking some valves at the last Winton day and it all payed off for him in the end.

There were a few guys off this site that came down from the mainland to watch, it was good to see you guys there supporting the sport (sorry, I forgot most of your names).

Ill throw some pics up when they become availible.

Yeh pretty sweet event, even if it meant sitting in a dihatsu all w/e haha.

Well done to the street class (especially non-tassy competitors), looked like a hell of a track to master in a short period of time! :thumbup:

Pro class was just crazy, would have loved a passenger ride in one of those cars.

Yeh matt i came and said g'day, might catchya again soon at a winton day or meet up.

matt99
25th November 2009, 05:11 PM
Ahh, I knew there was someone nammed Will that said hi. Yeah, ill see you somewhere no doubt, dont know if ill be at the next Winton or not depending on whats wrong with my car.

joshz18
26th November 2009, 08:17 PM
well done matt and your mate tim, did awesome first time on the track, I was the fella in the green sil80 in pro class, The track is pretty rediculous in the wet and to get the results you guys did is awesome,

MeZ Prod
1st December 2009, 01:41 PM
Event was awesome.
If you missed out... spewing!

Rip it
2nd December 2009, 11:41 AM
Have you done a video yet MEZ? Is it going to including Friday nights "Barbeque"? lol

MeZ Prod
2nd December 2009, 12:50 PM
Slowly working on it. It may indeed include friday night :P lol

matt99
2nd December 2009, 04:29 PM
Hurry up Mez, as if you even film. Ha.

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing.

MeZ Prod
2nd December 2009, 05:07 PM
"Thats Nuts!" lol

Cerby86
9th December 2009, 09:42 PM
am i allowed to put up the video that reynolds put up on boost delazy??
Or do you reckon it'll cause shit fights?