Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine

Name
    Beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hmm look what showed up today. 6 out of 8 rims

The turbo

Pic of the car when it was running

Picked up a KKR280 today should have it on by wednesday.. Then TUNE and then THRASH!

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i love this thing so much, such a good build gonna be great to see this thing finished, however far away that is, mind you you're doing it all fast as

Name
    Beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

wow thanks.. I honestly thought it was only me loving it. It probaly is getting done fast as i have been working pretty flat out on it. Working to 3am in the morning sleeping for 3-4hrs then going to work (my desk job) and then repeat.

Im aiming to have it nearly done and driving for next week. I doubt it will be done done as there will be teething problems but im hoping for it to be back together fully and done
    Last edited by Beau; 19th January 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

how much did the turbo set you back? what wastegate r u running? internal or external? size? let us know what she's like to drive once u get it going
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Johl, ive got a external waste gate and ive forgotten what size it is. And you know i forgot to check those SSR's for you. Sorry man! But i'll let you know how the Turbo goes. I was a lil sketch about running one. But heaps of ppl run them with out any problems and apprently ive got the new ones that are all improved... i dunno..

Dave yer man i love them i forgot to give you a shout out for them.. THANKS AJPS!

Nah i didnt call..

I'll be slapping some tires on these rims today and hopefully picking up my mainfold and dumpy so i can put that side of the engine back together and start it up agin

Name
    Reeece
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

All this and you opt for a kkr turbo ? ah well see how things go ive poped a kkr on 12psi at wakefield didnt like mainting boost at high levels.. Nice build up

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Get some fender braces into ya Beau, the guards are already off

Nice build though dude, that was really fast....

I had a little giggle about the f20CT, even an N/A one would already be enough I think!

Name
    Beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I went with the KKR as i needed one fast. and after weighing up my options i figured i would go with the KKR as im still setting the car up regardless of being finished so if i do blow this turbo, i will get a new one on Warranty and buy a Garrett Turbo.

But i've also just bought a 20V head so towards the end of the year i'll be chucking that on my motor with some decent cams to get a disco patoto kicking.

I thought you werent suppose to turn 280's past 10psi?

Fender braces... well i think my car is stiff enough, have you seen the engine bay? but if i find that it flex's to much in that area. I know i'll be calling you!

F20CT yer man why not. I like to go fast so might as well go stupid. Plus i think ive caught the forced induction bug, im even considering Twin Turboing my Big Block truck. lol

In other news. Got 6 new tyres yesterday. Sumos. Apprently they are good so i'll give em a go. Got looked after at Jax Liverpool. Couple of Drifters work there so that was good!
    Also set my diff up last night and test fitted a few panels and stuff before they get painted today just to double check.

Just like to thank WESTSIDE Exhuast at Padstow. Brad and Beau they have looked after me really well, especially this week with the turbo episode. Cutting up all their handy work to make the KKR fit. Go see them for great work!
    Last edited by Beau; 21st January 2009 at 07:53 AM.

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

You might want to change where you have put the Brake Boost vacumm line, unless you have modified that when having the manifold welded up.

Name
    Beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

sorry i dont understand what you mean

Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast