Thread: 第1赤池の八六

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Import approval received from DOTARS yesterday, car should be in Australia in about 3 weeks

In the meantime I have to find a place to live in melbourne, so damn expensive to rent now.... it was cheaper in Japan, and also easier to find a place because the agent would just drive you around to places that fit your needs and you can choose. Here they just open them for 2 minutes on a saturday morning... such a shit experience

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

you don't need a delorean to step back in time. just return to australia. the 'lucky' country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Awersome thread

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

sweet thread, did you get fluent-ish at Japanese from being over there? where abouts did you live?

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Hey guys thanks for the comments

Keiichi, I did get fluent-ish but I am no where near where I want to be. I studied a bit beforehand and am continuing to study now. I'm also lucky enough to have the chance to use Japanese at work so I can keep practicing it, cos if you don't use it, you lose it...
    I lived in Nagoya, pretty big city but not as fun as Tokyo or Osaka

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

awesome man, i wanna go back, I lived in tokyo and hamamatsu (small place in shizuoka). im learning japanese again atm at uni, not going to well though need conversation practice not book practice. you get your hachi over in a month yeh?

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

Did you see any cool ae111
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdm-Mcc View Post
    quit hatin get bakin!

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Awesome read, I'm living overseas at the moment and just bought an 86. I hope I have as much fun as you

Veteran
    Name
    Rob
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

keiichi
    I went past Hamamatsu many times on the shinkansen between Nagoya and Tokyo but never stopped.
    You gotta keep the conversation up to keep the language, I'm a little rusty now...

joeschmo
    A few ae111's, some at track days and they were pretty fast!

wildslider
    Where abouts are you? what plans do you have for the car?
    I had a lot of fun with this car, but it's for sale now!
    Reason being I'm heading back to Japan for another couple of years so hopefully this will start a new chapter of 86 ownership!
    I'd like to buy a bit more of an old beater that I can strip the absolute hell out of and not worry about damaging a nice car.
    Maybe next time I can get it down to a reasonable weight to be competitive in the N1, and also butcher the guards engough to run some better rubber

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Hi Rob,

I just stumbled across your thread now and enjoyed the read. I lived in Gifu-ken for six years and still go to Japan at least once a year. It'll be cool to shoot the shit with you about your time there. I used to head to Nagoya often enough but I'd never even heard of Kouta circuit before. It looks like a great little circuit. Nagoya didn't really have much appeal for me and I read it was famous for its ugly chicks. hahaha

Can I ask what company you work for and what you did in Japan? As usual, 99% of foreigners you meet in Japan are English teachers. I often think about heading back to live there but time will tell.

Keiichi, I bought an 86 from Hamamatsu. The dude was dodgy as! A real weirdo. hahaha. Shizuoka is a nice place though. Studying Japanese at uni would be cool. I've looked into some short courses over here but they're all for basic level. It's so easy to lose Japanese when you get back here. My wife and I now have a Japanese homestay student living with us, which is cool but otherwise it's so hard to speak Japanese here.
    I see dumb people. Driving around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dumb.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast