Thread: For Sale: Very original & clean 1974 Mazda 929 (SYD)

Name
    Blake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default For Sale: Very original & clean 1974 Mazda 929 (SYD)

This is copypasta'd from Ausrotary, thought some of you guys might be interested, and i'm always interested in AE86's.

For sale: 1974 Mazda 929 Sedan
    Item Condition: Very impressive
    Price and price conditions: Asking price is $3000. I think this is a very fair price, come take a look and you'll see what I mean. Also might consider trades (with cash or not) - just let me know what you have to offer.
    Extra Info: The car is now on carsales. I will add some more up to date pictures soon.

The car is a very original 1974 Mazda 929 Sedan. It's an auto and has done just over 95,000km - I'm serious!

I am the third owner, we bought the car off a friend of my nan who had owned the car since new and used it for the weekly shopping trip and not much else. It was bought for my grandfather, who used it for the same purpose, before it was passed on to me. Again it has served as a very reliable car and it has had a regular service history and no accidents. It has been under cover/ garaged the whole time I have owned it, and by the looks of things for most of its life. The paintwork really is immaculate. Although some of the exterior plastics are faded, the metalwork looks very good. I think anyone who views this car will be impressed, I am always getting thumbs up (especially from guys in rx-7's) when I take her out. Girls love it too... mmm.... vinyl seats... who can resist? I have really looked after this car while I've owned it, and it is yet to let me down.

The new owner will get a comprehensive aftermarket manual, original wind deflectors, sun shade, and radio. There are also some original documents in the glovebox. The car is registered until December 27 2009.

The original AM radio was replaced with a JVC headunit, speakers were also installed in the optional mounting points. I had purchased some period sports wheels, a weber carby, sports cam and extractors with the intention of installing them, but priorities changed and thus the original carb (which was recently professionally tuned) was reinstalled, and some gaskets were replaced. The rest of the gasket kit will also be included for the new owner, and a price can be arranged for the weber/manifold/cam/extractors/wheels if you are interested

The 'bad' things:

Unfortunately it has suffered a scrape on the left-rear wheel arch, fortunately it is only cosmetic. Apart from this, all the panels are straight (& shiny!). Recently I have noticed a small patch of rust forming underneath the windscreen, again this is cosmetic. Another place that there is a small amount of surface rust is under the boot lid. I think these things are simly to be expected on a car of this age, but I want to give an accurate description in case someone comes expecting something that looks like it is 'off the showroom floor' and is somehow dissapointed. Oh, and the dash-clock doesn't quite keep time. Maybe it's because time just went slower in the 70's...

Update 8/9/09: I took her for a drive today, starts & drives well. One thing I would replace on this car were I keeping it is the rubber in the drivers side window, it seems to be deteriorated. Also, I gave the car a good look over, and the paint is excellent - as I mentioned - but the left rear quater panel is looking a little worse for wear. It is still straight, no rust etc but could do with a touch up. I love taking her for drives - such a great cruiser. Come for a test drive and see what I mean .

My reason for selling is that I am trying to save money and have been getting by fine using the other cars in my family. I honestly get really sad at the thought of selling this car, hopefully it gives the new owner as much joy as it has given me.

If I've missed anything, or you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact me and ask!

Pictures:

Contact Details: Reply here, PM, email or call me on 0412271724
    Delivery & Conditions of Delivery: Would prefer pick up, but if you live interstate and are interested, I am more than happy to help with your enquiries and delivery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2685497_4_full.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	6054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2685497_5_full.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	6055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2685497_7_full.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	6056  
    Last edited by *bj*; 15th September 2009 at 02:03 PM.

how many ks?

Name
    Mick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Try reading next time. OP, Nice mazda, good luck with the sale.

Name
    Dim
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I have driven this car before, and can definatelty vouch for its clenliness. BJ keeps it sheltered whether its in his garage or under a car cover and he babys this thing around. Very nice cruiser!

Name
    Blake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Mickey, and thanks dim!

I have edited the original post with the following information:

Price: $3000 - a very fair price I think!
    Rego: Until December 27 2009
    + it is now listed on carsales (the only other LA2VS on there seems to be in a similar condition, and he is asking $4500 with 160,000kms!).

I also took her for a drive and noted some stuff which is of interest.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by *bj*; 15th September 2009 at 02:05 PM.

Name
    Blake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Bump - still available