Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 4AGE KE70 engineers cert?

Name
    Kiahn
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

ive filled the forms out and had them return the forms all signed and said go ahead with the build, but there was a tiny little sentence that tells me about engineers so im gonna take it to one anyway as i am pretty sure that i will need engineers cert for insurance companies to accept it.
    and yeh its still got rego until december, hopefully it wont cost 1000 to engineer as im in yr 12 and want my car asap

cheers for the help
    if I could trade kids for cars, I'd be turning the little critters out one every nine months.

Name
    Darren
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

just make it nice and neat and you wont have a problem. Take it over myaree as welshpool are twits, an try get permits for the obvious things you have got done to it, pod filter etc. 4ag in a 70 looks so factory cops wouldnt no when they pull you over. A cop once thought mine was a 20 valve. So if u get pulled over, whip out your permits an you should be a free man minus the reason u got pulled over for, driving crazy etc.

I been down the path of gettin mine engineered, submitted a detailed with pictures of everything that i modified, and they were concerned that my steering wheel was aftermarked, suspension has been modified OMG an the like.

Just drive it, and dont hit no one. i may seem a bad influence, but our cars would be safer on the road than little nannas 200B that has never been serviced..

Drive boy an dont worry

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Speak to Ken from Infinite. He has a cheap engineer apparently. As long as it has ADM brakes or JDM brakes on the front, all is well. Some engineers push for disc brake rear end aswell though.

Name
    Kiahn
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

i heard you NEED disc brake rear for turbo or SC 4age, by adm or jdm brakes do you mean ae86??

trust me i do want to drive it but will an insurance agency need engineers certificate or do they not give a crap as long as its over the pits?
    if I could trade kids for cars, I'd be turning the little critters out one every nine months.

Yeah i agree the guys at the pits at Kenwick are twits, and will tell you stuff like your not allowed to have blue head light globes, and will call them HID, even though HID kits cost alot more then a 30$ pack of blue H4 globes.

However i spoke to my mechanic about it and said they are actually safer, and whenever i have been randomly pulled over by the popo they never say a word about them

Would be interested to see how this KE70 project turns out, i used to have a KE79 and that thing just went and went. Could nuke it and would still run

Name
    Kiahn
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

well ill ring heaps of places and try to figure out whats going on
    Last edited by kiahn; 23rd September 2009 at 07:37 PM.

Name
    Kiahn
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

just rang RAC and they stated that it will not cost any extra to change the engine over as long as it passes the pits, $360 per year
    its due to the small power increase

RAC FTW

RAC are champs then! I think its because its from another corrola and its still 4 cyclinders. probably more economic for you to then the old engine

Name
    Kiahn
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

yeh the guy said it was because it had a small power increase and was within 25% capacity, the 5 speed and motor are lighter than my old GB and engine combination (i dont know how
    but yeh they said they just change the engine number on my slip

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Ok Kiahn. If I was you this Is what I would do.

Either Go and fill out a colour change (even though you haven't changed the colour of your car) and on the sheet change the engine number.

The other thing to do is fill out the Engine change sheet and lie a little on it.

Once the engine number is on your rego papers, get insurance.

The other I want to ask is. Do you plan on lowering it, modifying it anymore or is it just a stocker with a reliable 4age to get you around ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast