Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: Javal's Mechanical Spirit Guide / 18RG XT130 Hate Machine

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Just read the whole thread. Well, over the past few days I've read it (many lols were had).

Absolutely excellent work and commitment the the Corona and this story is helping inspire to my Celica I've been putting off.

Well done!

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Im struggling to see the fitment issues here. It looks as close to perfect and sensible as you can get. Dont know if you've seen my wagon thread but I need close to a 10mm pull atleast.
    Considering your flares that are up for sale at the moment

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, as always with this build, nothing is ever as easy as it seems. There's about 10mm poke at the back and about 8mm at the front. Poke doesn't pass roadworthy. So i'm doing weld in guards front and rear, i.e. 2 pairs of donor guards are giving their flares and they're being grafted on to the originals. This way I get the coverage I need, will likely allow for bigger wheels in the future (15 x 9 Hayashis sure would be nice) and it will also bring the eyebrow height down while maintaining full travel.

It's like, hammer and dolly the front guards out and fuck the paint and delete inner guardliners, the rears can't handle any more pushing, the seam between the body and rear 1/4 is splitting (near the rear door) and fuck the paint OR do weld ins, mod the inner liner to fit and not worry about it ever again.

Considering i'm moving over to vic next week i'm going to have to leave the car behind for a little while. The welding in is happening in 3-4 weeks, then it's going to another shop to get them filled and filed, then off to another shop to get painted. Then i'll fly back and put the little fucker through roadworthy, chuck it on a truck and tear it up.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Good idea!
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Brendon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

sooo update?

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Updates in due time. Progress slower than it has been previously as i've moved to Victoria and everything is being done by proxy in SA. There's serious shit going on over the next month or two though. I might have a few pics tonight, we'll see.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Brendon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

So your now living in Victoria but the car is still getting engineered in SA? And then get it engineered in Vic?

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Well from all of my discussions with Vicroads so far, my engineers cert should be fine over there and most of the people i've spoken to have said I shouldn't need a roadworthy inspection either, so long as it's reg'd in SA (which it will be). Also I already have the engineers report ready, the wheels just need to fit in the guards.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast