Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: Javal's Mechanical Spirit Guide / 18RG XT130 Hate Machine

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Dont worry he have told him.....
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Fuck i'm stoked. Fill / prime / blend and we're done.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

some bloody good work comes out of that shed
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Well here are some more pictures of the guards to keep this thread kind of fresh while things are happening elsewhere.

Anyway, all of this was brought to you by the most excellent 'Rex Kelway' of Kelway fabrications. I can't recommend him enough.

The car is currently getting the guards prettied up as well as a few imperfections in the paintwork smoothed out. Bling bling.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Lovely. Once its engineered wherever it ends up in this country can you put 205/55's back on just for me xoxo
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Probably not. It's ridiculously overshod for what it is now. Future proofing?

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

So here are some videos of myself and the muppetmobile that I took throughout the build.

First start:

First drive:

Both of those videos the car has no exhaust, so it's straight out the extractors. The second one might actually give a half decent idea of how the paint looks IRL, although that was before it got buffed so it's shinier now.

Click the image to view the videos./

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Today I renewed my Statement of Requirements issued by the DPTI for another 12 months because my snowball of a car keeps snowballing.

I'll have a proper update later in the week.

The car will be appearing at Classic Japan Day this December.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Oooooooo, let me know if i can help out yo. What stage you up to?
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Oh god, here we go.

Get some flares welded on, quick lick of filler, prime it up and blow the paint in. Easy.

Those who've read my build thread (a.k.a. tale of fail) know I got my car painted in Subaru 'Satin Pearl White'. It's a 3 layer pearl paint. All done courtesy of Luke Bain at McBains Automotive Refinishing and Restoration. Naturally I went back there to get it all tidied up after getting the flares welded on.

But, 3 layer pearl paints don't exactly match and blend very well at all. I knew this. It's standard practice to spray an entire side of a car to help disguise the differences - even with metallics.

So I knew I was up for getting both sides of the car sprayed.

Also, something i'm amazingly grateful for - After the car was painted there were some imperfections in the roof on the curve above the gutter rail - while I wasn't fazed by it at all, Luke wasn't happy putting his name to it as-is so offered to fix it while it was in the shop. It's just so fucking uncommon in this day and age to find someone who actually takes pride in their work.

So now i'm getting the roof and C pillars done too.

At this point Luke and I had a little chat. There's no paint left from the original job. There could be a slight shade differences in the paint. It's a 3 layer paint. 3 layers of colour variance can add up. We're painting the front guards, all the doors, rear quarters, c-pillars and roof.

It's really only the bonnet, scuttle and bootlid left. Don't have to worry about it being a different colour if we do the whole thing. Might as well.

So yeah. Fuck me. I got my whole car painted again. Pictures are potato quality. Paintjob looks off the fucking dial though. Again, i'm stoked.

Stripping down, brightwork and exterior fixtures removed

Flares get a tickle of filler

Roof got a special coat

Ended up with this after tidying up a few bits and pieces

And then bling bling.

It's ready for rego now. Stripes will be going back on.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast