Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: Javal's Mechanical Spirit Guide / 18RG XT130 Hate Machine

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

#finally

and LOL @ pipedreams
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Javal, you're story telling is really good and I'm now glad you've got the car done!
    So, how was the drive?

Name
    Chris
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

Good to see it all got sorted!

And yeh, the pipe dream is coming together slowly haha, your pipe dream was the inspiration for me to continue my pipe dream in the proper way haha!

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i love that Wookster comments above JHS/SS

oh the irony
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I'm missing the irony here.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Got tied up last night with band stuff, but i've rounded up a few local muppets for a drive saturday.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Still Steppin has been know as "wookie" and a nemesis of Javal for many years

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Huehueheh.

So I got to take it for a proper drive today, Konakid and I took our respective rigs to the hills and made the most of the roads Adelaide has to offer.

After about 50-60km, everything sort of started freeing up, the steering is losing some of its stiffness, the engine is making more grunt and the gearbox feel is improving markedly. It's got oodles of grip because it's so massively overshod. I'm pretty rusty behind the wheel as it's been a very long time since I've had anything worth driving hard - even then, some could argue that I never had anything worth driving hard in the first place - but it's proven to be good idiot proofing for when I carry a bit too much speed in a corner or I don't remember how long or increasingly tight it becomes. It's very forgiving in that way, and if you push hard enough it'll still start pushing the back out a smidge.

Gotta give a shout out to Konakid for coming for a huge drive with me, I tailed him the whole way (due to the aforementioned rustiness and not having driven the roads for years) and I have a very distinct feeling he remained, err, off-boost for a while to let the (max) 130hp 18RG keep up with his 300hp+ 22RTE. I'm definitely in need of a LOT more wheel time, but shit, when that guy goes, he's gone. Very fast car and very good driver.

I also got a few photos taken today by a good friend with a proper camera. Can't wait to get them back.
    Last edited by Javal; 3rd May 2015 at 12:48 AM.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Oh also, I totally caved in on the way back from the hills and did a full noise 2nd gear run through the Heysen tunnels. Stainless exhaust sounds dooooopppee.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

*golf claps* good day drive on the best of adelaide hills to Lobethal! Beers at the Crafers to top it off.

Car looks brand new, only a few more minor mechanical tweaks till its perfect. Heres to many more years of driving the damned thing!
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast