Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: Javal's Mechanical Spirit Guide / 18RG XT130 Hate Machine

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hahahah, thanks for the background. I've also been given the wookiee nickname because of a bad photoshop at work.

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Glad to hear that the car performs well on a long hills drive Javal, congrats on a wicked build!

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Yeeeaaahhh tingy
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

So after all of that, there was only really one thing left to do - get it back to Melbourne.

I had a few options for transport but in the end the most practical one was to just drive the thing over.

The drive went incredibly well, no real issues to report. I did leave later than I would have liked and subsequently was paranoid about collecting a roo as dusk set in between Stalwell and Ararat. Luckily I didn't, I just collected a squillion bugs instead. Thankfully, after washing all the insects off last night, there are no stone chips to report. Winning.

Plans for the short term -

Drive it
    Get the nice pictures I had taken posted up.

Mid-term
    Hayashi CRs
    Chin spoiler maybe
    Velo maybe

Long term
    Turdbro
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Awesome.

How was the ride comfort through the terrible parts of highway around Kaniva after crossing the border? Some shit road surfaces around that end of vic.

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

My main issue was ergonomics, as while it's great to sit in for 2-3 hours, after 5+ it gets uncomfortable. There are indeed some terrible stretches of road (overall it's much better than it was 5 years ago) but it handled them well. It's faaaaiirly 'reasonably' sprung with 5.2kg fronts and 3.5kg rears and thanks to the big tyres, potholes aren't the worst. I might go to a 4.5kg/mm spring with a longer free height in the future also, but these do have the engine mounted a good 25mm further forward than xE7x's so keeping the higher rate i've got in it now might be good. Time and testing will tell.

On a side note, the actual chrome parts of the car are a dick to get watermarks out of. The polished stainless just wipes right off but the chrome bars and mirrors need a very very light polish to come good. PITA.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

glad to hear it all went well

how is the stereo?
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

There is no stereo. Yet. I've got a few pieces for it packed up in boxes but I still need a decent head unit. I drove with my ipod on speaker.

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Spot on

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Hayashi CRs have always been my dream wheels for this car so they'll definitely happen. I keep looking back at that photoshop I did ages ago and thinking that it really does kind of need a chin spoiler to help toughen it up a bit visually. We'll see. I've got plenty on at the moment so any further progress on this is probably going to be glacial.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast