Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 4AGE Team Toyota Australia dyno runs

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well I got started with the fresh motor and it is sitting in there with most of the top end done. Geez I hate getting under cars, way too old for this.

The biggest thing that amazes me is the standard 60mm throttle body, plenum inlet manifold, exhaust manifold and 42mm primary pipes are used to get the power figures needed to stay in the rules. I think it is funny seeing all these builds with bigger ports, big valves hot NA injection systems and only pulling less or simillar power.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Nice pics Chris
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I loved Group A, so much was stock and homolgated parts were accessable to public, I was talking to a group of students about it during the week(one owns a minter R32 GTR). V8 supercars suck balls. I have a Homolgation Honda racer, it's full of HRC goodness, magnesium this titanium that, I love it! Bring back group A. Back in the day my older brother and I would go out to Mallala during the week of a Group A race, as it wasn't as popular, there would hardly be anyone there, we'd just roam around. I remember one Friday we went, walking around and Glenn Seaton is in the shed with his RS500, we're having a look, so he starts chatting, asks if I would like a pic of me and the car, of course I say yes, he says "well you better help me push it out of the shed", we did, I got a pic of Glenn, the car and myself, we then had to push it back in!

We wandered over to the Benson and Hedges M3's, Tony Longhurst came walking briskly out of the transporter said hello and wandered off, but Alan Jones came out and started talking cars, the cars were cordoned off, and I was trying to get a look at the exhausts, he asked what I was trying to look at, when I said, he said "well just climb under and have a look!" he spoke to us for about 20 minutes maybe more!

We then wandered over to the Gibson Motorsport R32's, Fred was sitting reading a newspaper, as we walked up, he folded the top down and said "Good morning boys", to this we replied in unison "good morning Mr Gibson", he asked if we would like to look at the GTR's and said it was ok aslong as we didn't get in the mechanics way, the mechanics heard this and were really good, they were doing a turbo swap and chatted to us as they did it.

We then wandered over to the HRT tent, where Peter Brock as per normal had no problems chatting to us and signing a poster my brother had bought along.

They were the good old days, just a couple of lads with no special passes, talking to racers, geting a good look at the cars, hanging around in the pits while they were adjusting stuff and no one hassling us.
    Hachiroku since 1994

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

good days!
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

David, they were great days, I remember having a good look over Allan Moffets RX7, having a look at the AE86's. I used to build and look after 13B PP's for a sports sedan team in the late 80's/early 90's and I remember running at Indy one year, we were in with the Group A cars, but cos it wasn't under CAMS ruling the cars(group A) were running what ever, I remember the E30 M3's being so fast, rumour had it the engines were bigger than 2.5 ltr capacity!
    Hachiroku since 1994

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

the cheating that went on in that era was pretty interesting as well
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Karl
    State
    S.A.
    Country
    Austria

fixed
    RokuSteady : Shakotan - Tsuraichi - Hippari - Onikyan : 神奈川 様式

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

thats a ra65 airbox isnt it?

Name
    Adrian
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Looks like it

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

that motor only just left my workshop will be good to see how it all goes i am really keen to know a power figure
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast