Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nitro Off Road

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Not a great deal in the scheme of things.... probably gonna get a HSP 1/8th truck, budget spec but it should be fun... read both good and bad about them.. but as I'm not a die hard enthusiast or a racer I cant justify the extra 200+ to get something a little more up market.... fuck they come with a 1 year warranty so I think that's quite reasonable...
    ------------------>>>Need something welded locally??? Hit me up, I may just be able to help<<<------------------

BENT MECHANIX - Garage 20:

Gunner

lol, they won't cover anything, unless it is broken out of the box, as you will break it. Also very few hobby shops carry parts for them.

Buy a buggy dude, like a hyper 7, or 8 best bang for buck, budget car on the market, $400 for a brand new rtr hyper 7, on ebay.

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah true, I'm keeping my eye out for others that come up for sale... Not into buggy's really want a truck....

I'm not planning on launching it of massive jumps and what not like most/a lot of people, so it should survive... mostly just going to rip up my local soccer field and a few dirt tracks around my joint....

Will have to see what becomes available..... I keep holding back on the purchase because I'm in 2 minds over the whole thing presently... just want some cheap fun for the short term....
    ------------------>>>Need something welded locally??? Hit me up, I may just be able to help<<<------------------

BENT MECHANIX - Garage 20:

Gunner

savages are good too, lots of second hand ones on ebay, don't forget forums either, alot of good deals to be had.

Name
    John
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

i use to have a HSP.....good to bash around with it....not a lot of spares tough.....but yeh i upgrae it to a HPI hell fire....which i found out i could not race any competitions because of the specs....

By the way Gunner, which motor you recommended? are the motors new or used? i prefer the sirios.....good price too.

Gunner

I love sirio's, I bought another 2 last night, another cl3 sport, which is a good engine I usually run one of these in my buggy, and I bought a kanai evo 4 sti, they are both 21's

what do you want an engine for the hell fire, aren't they a 1/10? I ran an LRP 18 in an MT2, that was pretty good. though if you can fit a 21, id buy a cl3 kit, comes with a 2013 pipe and sirio power clutch, for 350-400, pipe alone is 150, clutch is 70, so I think its a great deal

Name
    John
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

the hellfire is 1/8 and it is slight wider then the standard size truggies. i currently using axial 28 in the hellfire....

i was saying i prefer the sirio's in the hyper...

Gunner

ah sorry, dude, was a bit out of it last night lol.

I have a sirio evo 2 on its way, you interested in that? If its in good nic, I'm going to do a crank mod in it, and up the timing, and then I will most likely off load it.

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

RB concept for the Hellfire. ST/RT28, C6-BBT

Damn expensive engines though, will cost the same as the truggy.
    Sirio, ,mugen Ninja?
    If you are running an Axial 28, I wouldn't look at changing it until it breaks. Your not racing so probably no point.

I shoehorned a RB concept TM323 (revo motor) into my friends Bazooka buggy, and that is crazy! Its only a basher though

Name
    Nic
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

i have a TNX5.2r but apparently the engine is fucked! barely got to use it as i got it then broke the rotor start crap, then it was in the shop for like 10 months waiting on the part!!!! and then finally got it back and got told by a different hobby shop its got a rooted engine..
    when it was going it was rad, used to hit 8m doubles and the triples at the bmx tracks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast