Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Pauls 4AGTE Sprinter

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Please tell me thats gonna be 4AG** powered...

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

JoJo, the Mighty Boy has a 1lt Swift engine in it, doubled the capacity and the power but it still only has 40kw. I couldn't engineer it for a 1600 as they just won't fit and the modifications required to make it fit would shift it to ICV territory. Not fast but kind of cool, I am really tempted to put a turbo on it but it seems like overkill. I have a performance Cam to go in and some head work to get it up to around 50kw should get the power to weight a bit better than a swfit GTI an make for a good run around car.

Robbo, I will be moving back down with work so I will be around for a couple of years at least, after Australia day would be a good bet though as I will be moving and settling in at the new job.

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Righto, just looking back over the thread it would appear that today is the first time that the Sprinter has turned it's wheels under it's own power for about 2 years. Once I cleaned the crap out of the tank it was fine. Will be aiming to run it at the SDMA hillclimb in October as a shake down before I run it full time next year. Not too sure how the tune it at the moment but I have it set on the wastgate at the moment which is 7 psi for the run in and then we can take it from there.

Cheers
    Paul

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

looking forward to seeing you out there Paul.... Can never have too many AE86 in the field......

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

It will be interesting to see how i go because i haven't been on a track for a couple of years but i am looking forward to it that is for sure.

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ok the engine is out at the moment and been pulled down to check for a missing cir-clip that turns out wasn't missing so while I have the engine out I will tidy up the exhaust, to the under body with sound deadener and then run a couple of new bits and pieces to switch over to E85 for the next tune. Should make it a bit of a mid range monster which I love but time will tell. Just feels good to have the motivation to work on it again after sitting for a couple of years.

Cheers
    Paul

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ok booked in for the E85 Tune on 9 October so it will be interesting to see what it does with the little T25. I am not too phased on outright power, if I can get around 160rwkw on E85 with a fat midrange I will be pretty happy. The little T25 should be on song by around 2200rpm with the extra timing I can jam in on E85.

Car won't be ready for this next hillclimb so I am taking out the mighty boy for a spin to get used to the track again before the one in October.

Cheers
    Paul

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Really looking forward just to see how the motor comes up.....

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

OK so the new injectors are in and I remounted the fuel pumps yesterday and put some E85 in the tank and played with the tune a bit and have got it running, although it is a little rough. So looks like it will be good to go for the tune on the 9th. The brake upgrade still doesn't want to bleed up properly so I think that I will just get the looked at when I take it in for a wheel allignment. Other than that it is coming together pretty well I think and looking good for the hill climb on 21 October.

Cheers
    Paul

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Won't go into the long story but blew smoke at the hill climb which was finally traced to my turbo being shagged, Maxhag (JoJo) hooked me up with the old one off the gold car and it turned 170kw atw on 13 psi on the E85 at Autotech. Ed said it would take 15-16 psi without drama but not really any point as with the open s series at the moment it can't get the power down. Will post the dyno print out when I pick it up tomorrow. I should also say that the engine is pretty fresh with only the hill climb and dyno time on it should should come better as it loosens up a little.

Cheers
    Paul
    Last edited by nelpd96|; 24th December 2012 at 04:46 PM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast