Thread: Pauls 4AGTE Sprinter

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Great news Paul!

170atw is nothing to s###### at, especially at a nice conservative 13 pound!

How is the boost response?

^^^When did we get pointless censorship???
    Last edited by ae8zn6; 15th November 2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: REALLY???? you can drop the C bomb but not write sn1 gger???

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Robbo, haven't driven the car yet as they are doing the cold start tomorrow morning, but by all accounts the E85 allows heaps more timing as it is coming on boost which gives a much fatter mid-range so it should drive like it has a little more that the 170 that it is showing. Either way it should be fun to punt around in. I am still looking at the white one in QLD at the moment as well as a possible option for something that is more complete than mine.

Cheers
    Paul

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Great power figure Paul.. Do you have a torque fiqure?

Glad to help you with that turbo....... Honestly, It is quite amazing the life that turbo has had, and can still pull 170 killerwasps........

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ok so just picked it up and took it for a spin, I have to say that I miss the instant boost of the smaller turbo. I will post the dyno graph when I get home but it feels like it is getting on boost at around 3500-3800 rpm with this turbo. The old one was spinning hard at around 2800 so it is noticable.

Having said that though because of this is feel more linear which should make it easier to drive, but not as much fun. Ed (the dyno guy) thinks that the current setup will go around 190-195kw with a bit more boost but that will be the limit of the injectors as that would put them at around 85% duty. Anyway enough talk maybe it is time to just drive the thing.

Cheers
    Paul

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Haven't worked out the torque figures yet but here is the dyno printout. With my tyres and a standard diff, 100km/h is around 3500rpm so my estimate on when it is coming onto boost is about right. I will have a look and see what the boost controller is set at but if JoJo can confirm what sort of boost curve it ran on the gold car as a comparison that would be great.

Cheers
    Paul

P.S It isn't letting me attach the image so I linked it to another forum.
    Last edited by nelpd96|; 16th November 2012 at 08:13 PM.

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

What you have described of where the boost comes on, is exactly as it was with my motor....

This is a dyno sheet from years ago.... I dont have any of the recent ones with 160kw..

151 @6200rpm

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the feedback JoJo, I would of expected that the E85 should have allowed it to come on boost a little sooner. I might have a play with the ignition timing as it is coming on to see if I can't get it to spool up a little quicker.

Cheers
    Paul

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So traction was an issue at the hillclimb. while i save pennies for an lsd i have been looking at what else i can do to help with traction. it turns out that the adaptronic has traction and launch control. So with the addition of some wheel speed sensors i should be able to optimise the current system. As you all know once you get up to this level you need to start throwing money at the problem. i figure the car would need another $5K to round out the running gear and then onto the body........

My wife is going to crack it when she sees the bank statement :-)

Name
    Rob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Haha, all worth it in the end..
    ハチロク

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

It is Rob but unfortunately I think that this means that I am going to have to pass on yours at the moment as I don't have the coin to do both. I have enough road cars at the moment so really no point trying to keep this as one so that is where the money is going to go. It probably doesn't make a lot of sense given what else you can buy for the money but I keep telling myself that at least it is not going to go down in value.

Cheers
    Paul

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast