just put mine up for sale i dont use it anymore bargin

just made a new shell for my fw-05T nitro drifter

Name
    Bayden
    State
    south australia
    Country
    Australia

how the nitros go i love the sound of them that why i like the idea of nitro and are looking in to buyin a driftable nitro car

Gunner

Can be done, bit trickier though due to the extra weight, and the lack of instant torque. But with the right engine pipe combo, and set up, it can be done. Steering gyro's help alot.

booo steering gyro ftl
    nothing wrong with them, slightly heavier as mentioned but the motor sound and smoke kills all of that off haha. its all up to tyre choice aswell, i use a .15 gxr motor which a decent size motor.

only problem with random nitros is that the set ups are most likely made for grip. also the chassis isnt evenly corner weighted (if thats how you say it). i had to roughly place a few fishing sinkers on my chassis to balance it out a bit as it understeered slightly turning left but spins out quicker turning right. also i had a front locked diff and rear open, had to change the diffs over and rebuild the open diff to become a LSD. good times though! specially when you hear 2nd gear pop when on the straights

Gunner

for corner weighting, I use 4 digital scales, and just adjust spring rates, till they are relatively even.

yeah 4 scales would be ideal, but i just throw a few weights on, take it for a spin and compare left to right turns and add more/remove more. btw its cheaper to use random fishing sinkers then buying weights at the hobby shop. they pretty much use the same ones as the ones used to balance a rim at a tyre shope. even asking for some at a tyre shop may be cheaper lol.

anyone used the "counter steer gear set"? basically spins the rear wheels faster letting you get more angle on counter steer. im looking to get a lower gear set for the rear diff ring gear, hopefully it works....

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

its for the "expert" steerers. way twitchier/harder to control. i havent tried it yet though.. but most CS drift footage is see, the cars are moving pretty slow.. might be a bit tricky with a nitro car.

there is a new CS set for the TT01, 1.85:1 over drive i think. tt01 diff gears should fit a tg10....
    78's

Gunner

I dont know about tt01, tb01 parts definitely fit though

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

TT is heavily based on TB01. ring gear/diff looks almost idetical.. except TB uses splined out drives. TT just has a flat key section (like the pinion on a TB/TG)
    78's

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast