Thread: SR20 into Ksev

Question SR20 into Ksev

Hello everyone,

The time has come for the Ke70 to get the SR20 thrown into her. Finally picked up a SR20DE which i will put a set of cams in with extractors to start with till the SR20DET motor is built back up to scratch.

Just wondering if someone has a thread about the conversion, I think i have seen a few on the old site but I am just seeking what parts are needed for the conversion and the best way to do it!
    I have been told the following things.

Driveline:
    T18 Series Diff
    Custom tail shaft
    Custom Gerabox Mounts

Engine:
    Custom Engine mounts (ae71 cross member or ke70 cross members)
    Pedal Box (ae86 one or something else)
    Clutch Master Cylinder

That is all the information that I have breifly been told and what not! I don't want to run s13 cross member and suspension up front! I have the ae86 struts setup and that is doing fine for now.
    (Also i want to mount the SR20 as close to the fire wall as possible due to apparently giving better weight and all that crap).

If someone could give me a list of all the stuff and maybe a thread about it that would be really appreciated!

Cheers barnzy

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Depending on what power you want to be making you will probably want a stronger diff/tailshaft. I'm using a Hilux rear end with a 3" two peice custom tailshaft making around 300hp and it has handled that no worries.
    I'm using a S13 clutch master cylinder but I think you are able to use a standard ae71/ae86 pedal setup/master.

Your firewall will either need a bit of bashing or if you want you can go to the extent of cutting and welding in a new tunnel to make it a bit easier for gearbox/clutch changes etc.
    Shifter hole will need to be extended unless you are planning on using a RB20 bellhousing.

You will need your sr20 loom wired obviously, mine cost around $300 from memory wired in.

Mmmm all I can think of off the top of my head any questions feel free to ask

Name
    beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

You also want an AE71 pedal box if you can find one

Name
    Nic
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

hey goody can i use the rb20 bellhousing straight to the engine? i thought you had to use sr bellhousing and rb20 box. or can i use rb20 bellhousing and box??
    cheers

Name
    c
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

need sr bell housing

Name
    Calvin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

yeh rb20 gearbox not bellhousing. sr bellhousing goes straight on. also same as r31 skyline box

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeh sorry mate RB20 gearbox is what I meant lol

Name
    Simon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

shifter hole needs to be extended regardless of what box you use, it only lines up with the stock hole if u have the motor way way way forward in the engine bay.

Do the diff properly now, so you only need to get the tailshaft made up once, otherwise you're forking out twice, The T series won't last forever with an SR20DE and sure as hell wont last with a DET in front of it. As for what diff to use, theres plenty of other threads discussing that.

the wiring side of things is really easy. no need to pay someone to do it if you can operate a multimeter and a soldering iron.

as previously mentioned, theres no room in the trans tunnel to get the box off or clutch out once motor is in the car, so if you ever have clutch or box issues its generally a motor out job to repair. the only way around this is some firewall mods,

have a read thro my build up thread if u want