Thread: NAMS/Clubchampionship Hillclimb @ Ringwood Park

Name
    Leigh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Bulahdelah Hillclimb 29th March

Was just wondering if anyone was going if you interested its on the 25th of january. Here is the link.

Im entering into it, it will be the second hillclimb ive been into last one was awsome so im keen to give it another go.
    Last edited by stouty; 2nd March 2009 at 06:18 PM.
    Grip TE72

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...read.php?t=276

AJPS for all you Toyota goodies

Name
    Nat
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hey mate

Unfortunately I can't make it to this one, but have competed on the track before - have you driven on it yet?

Name
    Leigh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Nah i havnt driven on it yet ive only done the buladelah track late last yr. What is it like?
    Grip TE72

Name
    Nat
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I've only driven it once in my 4ac ae71 with 8kg/6kg springs and a locker. I had a ball, the track ends back at the finish line so the 2nd half of the run is downhill. Last time I was there they ran 2 runs each turn (1 practise run, then an "official" run, with the next car running their first run in between, if that makes sense). Usually this will happen 4 - 5 times, so it's a good value hill climb

I would suggest getting there early and having a walk aroudn the track, it is narrow and has a few bumps here and there. Biggest things to remember are:

* to stay wide on the entry to the top loop and cut back across so you don't end up on the dirt at the exit.

* I also had issues with understeer on the second last corner (left around the tree) but I have sicne been told that the best thing to do with that one is run wide on the entry and cut across the apex so you are lined up for the last corner in order to nail a good time

My best time was, i think, a 37 or 38. Fastest guys in the sedans are the vw's and the Evo 7 that runs (both around) 34 seconds

It's a good fun track, and the guys that run there are all really cool. Have fun and let us know how you go!

Name
    Leigh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the info im looking forward to it. Ive got a time im aiming to beat now too lol.
    Grip TE72

Name
    Leigh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Had a great day best time was a 37.23 which was 3rd in my class (3u) so im pretty stocked. Looking forward to the next one and keen to beat my time.
    Grip TE72

Name
    Nat
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hey mate that's a pretty good time! I'm keen to hit the next one if my car is back together (waiting on parts) I will shoot you a PM and try and get some xe7x domination in type 3, lol

Name
    Leigh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yeh man let me know for sure would be good to have some other xe7x there i was the only one which i was surprised about.
    Grip TE72

Name
    Nat
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

To be honest there aren't many that I've seen. Was a gze ae71 that was super fast, but other than that we are it mate!

Bad Email Address

you are not alone. I have ran there for years. but in a lj torana then commodore. I wont put my rally car up there (wrong suspension and axle tramps like a pig on take off on hard surfaces). Im still trying to find tyres to run on my ae82 (only have dirt tyres but they went ok).
    As you have found out Ringwood is a very technical track and if you can master it King Edward park is easy (very similar car setup too). low 37 is a good time for your first go at the track.
    35 second times are possible as the track relies a lot on getting it right than horsepower.
    tin tops can get down to 32's (seen it, but the guy is one hell of a steerer).
    Lsd is worth half to 1 second and good tyres (semi slicks) worth the same, take that off your times and start to look at where youre at (1-2 seconds faster)

when I ran the commodore it had an open diff so I dissconnected the rear sway bar, understeered like a pig but less wheelspin out of tight corners so I was faster.

get the line wrong going into the dip (loop) and its disaster (have pics of my sons bent car somewhere) you must stay on the inside as Course out says as the track drops rapidly on the left hand side and totally upsets the car to the point of loss (and then you find out why the armco is there.
    the corner at the top of the loop I could never get right, (poor car setup) but get it wrong and you stuff up the downhill run. powersliding out of it is fun and easy but you will be pointing wrong for next corner which mucks up the next which mucks up the next..................
    spot on the money with the last corner, I used to turn in too early and the car just understeered. It feels wrong taking it wide and late until you do it and the car turns in much better and it took half a second of my time.

they have what they call a junior training day next weekend(sat?) and I would recommend it . it not just for juniors, I learnt a hellaofalot just watching and listening to them teach my son. They put an experienced driver in the car with you and show you how to drive the track.
    might catch you guys up there one day, Ill be in a crappy looking ae82 twin cam or if I pull my finger out might have a v8 early model commodore (not fast around corners but the torque factor is huuuuge fun)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast