Thread: Hpi e10

Just here for the scene... ArbPotatoes's Avatar
    Name
    Jordan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

You can get adjustable arms for them too for camber adjustment.

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

would be a totally valid post. if it was actually difficult to get parts for a TT01. but it isnt. every shop ive ever been to has had some TT01 spares in stock.

so, politely, i am saying. in my experience. you are wrong. there is no shortage of spares of the shelves of hobby stores ive been to for TT01s. it is a ridiculously popular chassis. lots of places carry spares. also, i just dont think its that much of an issue. EP powered drift cars just dont wear out/break as easy. the cars just arent moving that fast and you really dont need that much power.

but yeah whatever no big deal. arb asked what people thought, E10 or TT01. i say TT01.
    78's

Gunner

Slydar, did I say any where in that post anything about a tt01? No I didn't think I did.

I said he is better off, buying what his local can supply, if thats tamiya, great, if its hpi, ae, traxxas, mugen, serpent, hobao, thunder tiger what ever, arb is better off using the parts for the type of vehicle he has support for.

If you bought a subaru, you wouldn't take it to a holden dealership for a service now would you? Same with rc cars, nitro, ep, gp, or even turbine, you go to, who has the experience, and the parts on hand.

You can sit there and tell me I am wrong Slydar, the truth is, what I have said makes perfect sence, and is the advice 90% of the hobby industry will give a beginner.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i wreckon gunners on the money, jsut got a hpi sprint 2 off beau, $250, 3 sets of rims, 9 batteries, all in different states of rootedness and can i just say, so worth it, so much fun, for such a small initial outlay, i don't plan to spend any money on it, just repair bits that get broken,, and maybe dial in baller neg camber. great little hobby though

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i am partially disagreeing with that. maybe not all tamiya models are supported. but you are using your above opinion, which im not saying isnt valid to suggest that arb' might be better of with an e10 because some tamiyas are hard to get part for from your LHS.

i am saying that your forte seems to lay else where, and that you may not have noticed, that although not every tamiya model is well support, TT01s are.

they are also a million times more upgradeable. which is something arb said he is interested in.

although i am not a full on RC car nut. i have recently got into rc drift a fair bit. rc drift is based on "touring cars". 1/10th 4wd ep. i know a little bit about them. and ive given my opinion. take it or leave it

there are other good cheap options out there, but of the 2 suggested, for various reasons a TT is a better choice.
    78's

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

just going to throw it out there, i cant really see how it would be that hard to maintain an rc car that you would worry about it.

Part of what slydar is saying is that if you had a tt01 the likelyhood of needing to take it to your "lhs" is slimmer in the first place, then once your there you are going to get better service.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Gunner

I understand where slydar is coming from, and I am more than aware that the tt01 platform has been in production for more than 10 years, there is a reason for that.

They may not be too many issues that you need to concern yourself about, but its the little things that ruin the hobby for people.

But all I am saying is, a beginner needs support, whether it is tech, or parts. HPI is a huge company, with a huge array of cars, and have proven to be one of if not the biggest player in amateur R/C as of late.

Tamiya, will always, be the best, the original, and what 90% of the R/C car industry started with. I'm not trying to dispute that. I know they are tough, cheap, and there is parts around for the tt01, there would want to be its been on the market of over 10 years.

But HPI, is just as good, and if arb has access to it, he might as well run it if, Tamiya support isn't there. I know its not where I am, so the customers I deal with, I put on to HPI, as that is the biggest brand in LHS's around me at the moment, and from what I hear, nation wide. Hpi stuff is as tough as tamiya, and just as well put together.

Either way he goes, he will be happy, if he has a genuine interest in the hobby.

EP may not be my forte, but I have been involved in the hobby for near on 15 years, the first 5 or so in EP, and only tamiya EP vehicles. Onroad and offroad. I also do work for hobby shops, 3 in total (one has a small amount of tamiya stuff on the shelves), just as a fill in mechanic, and modder, then I have my mates cars, and their mates cars, so I do see alot of cars, EP, Nitro and GP. More Nitro than EP, but that doesn't make what I say invalid.

Banned

lol i just checked and i have them too.
    I have every upgrade for the HPI e10 even the ones you buy custom made that are not offical HPI E10 products. i got hooked by the modifying bug cuz mods are cheap for RC car

Banned

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Talking

For HPI FRONTLINE hobbies in Newcastle is the importer for AUS so if you ever need parts for HPI email them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast