Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: F series Diff info + Discussion

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I want to avoid cutting drilling welding where possible, it will blow out the cost as i can't weld.

At this stage im comming to the realisation that i will prob have to upgrade the fronts too, custom bracket and rx7 4 pots maybe. MA61 rear would be a good match for these i would have thouth
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Peter
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Fair enough man, I did consider a bolt on caliper bracket though it would have needed to be about 40mm thick in places and I thought that the machining costs would have been somewhat ridiculous. Im sure there are other ways to get aeound this. I however just used what I had lying around so the setup didn't cost me too much , maybe like $200 total for brackets and bearing spacers, the rest was just measuring shit and time. I have some ma61 rear arms complete here and some spare yr22 axles, I could setup some axles and get brackets cut for you but your abit far to just bring my mig over and set your rear end up. You could theoretically just run the rotors and calipers without the backing plate or spacer ring , would still need to weld a bracket to the housing though

Name
    Eddie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Is the bolt spacing on the axle flange of the yr22 the same as a g-series? It would open up a far wider range of brake upgrades.
    4agte finally finished. 252rwkw with more to come

Name
    Peter
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Not even close, the tcr10/20 tarago f series runs the same rotors as the ma70 which you use on lux diffs, unfortunately it seems the yr22 has a flange all of its own, not a huge issue though as the mx73, ma61 and irs rt142 stuff can be made to work with only slightly more work than the ma70 to hilux diff conversion

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

New plan. refer the thread i started. Im leaving the rear durms and doing nissan 4 pot fronts then assessing and maybe upping master and a bias valve to suit.

Thanks anyway guys.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Just chiming in to ask a question.

Has anyone researched and found a handbrake cable that works for MX13 diff into ae86 with retaining the mx13 drums? Im assuming ke70 might be the go due to knowing they will bolt into the chassis and suiting the drum rear brake, but Im unsure how different the borg drums are the way the cable attaches.

Possibly ae86 drum cables? Or something else? Can anyone report what they used. Im trying to avoid spending $300 on custom ones.

Maybe earlier corolla type? Or something else entirely?

Name
    Eddie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

You can use the drums/backing plates off your s-series or drum t. The bolt flange pattern is identical. You'd use your existing cables then. The spacing from axle flange to drum should be identical or very very close. St141/rt142 disk brake set ups also work with custom cables.
    4agte finally finished. 252rwkw with more to come

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Cheers, I dont have those parts and am not interested to swapping to a disc for the sake of it. Im already invested in retaining the mx13 brakes, so does anyone have an answer for my situation? With the mx 13 brakes in the ae86 chassis?

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Lot of good info in this thread. One thing I don't think has been covered, I have an F series diff from a Tarago w/ MA61 LSD. The factory KE70 handbrake cables have a circle 'grommet' which sat in the back of the drum brakes. The F series has a rectangle hole, so the circle one won't fit inside.
    Has anybody come up with a simple solution for this? Or should I just go grab a pair of Tarago hand brake cables, pull the KE70 ones and get a marine shop to build a new set?

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

The tarago cables are the wrong length. Well at least one is. One cable goes directly back to the drum from the handbrake while the other snakes around the gearbox and is longer by a foot or two.

I you got both sets and told them to attach the F ends to the KE70 cables and use new cables you would be on a winner.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast