Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: F series Diff info + Discussion

Name
    Kevin
    State
    ZH
    Country
    The Netherlands

Allright...well I've read this thread a couple of times now and maybe I'm not awake yet but can't seem to find an answer to my question so here goes.

I'm specifically looking for a 1.5way LSD to go in my ms112 crown F-series axle. So NOT a 2-way diff.

So far I can only find the Cusco type RS diff (part# LSD 150 L15) that is a 1.5way. The LSD's I find from Kaaz or Tomei (that are also discussed in this topic) are only 2way.

Am I missing something or is the cusco diff indeed the only 1.5way out there that will fit? Also anyone has experience with fitting this diff and its driveabillity (toughness/noise/harshness etc..)?
    ADM AE86 Levin

Name
    Eddie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Any particular reason you must have a 1.5 way?

It appears cusco is your only option. Although TRD make 1.5 way lsds, all of the FR models are specifically setup for 2 way.

The Cusco t-series 2 way is super smooth and quiet. Don't know about the 1.5 F but I would assume similar.
    4agte finally finished. 252rwkw with more to come

Name
    Kevin
    State
    ZH
    Country
    The Netherlands

My car is not purely a track/drift car so I prefer not to have a diff that locks hard under decelleration when I'm driving on the street.

Offcourse it all comes down to the skill of the driver. I can drift but I'm not a pro yet so I prefer to be on the safe side.
    ADM AE86 Levin

Name
    Ian
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Apparently the F series TRD LSDs (41301-RA010) are being discontinued according to the . Worth noting for anyone who was looking to get one in future as I'd imagine stock levels won't last for too long. Rebuild kits (40107-RA002) and shims (40101-TA401) are still available though.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I have a Cusco RS 2 way in my turbo corona and its quiet, smooth and locks both everytime. Mine is set up with all springs still in for maximum preload and all plates in the %100 lockup mode as it came from the factory. Its a very nice bit of gear. I use it for racing and drifting but even driving around the streets is very quiet and easy to use.
    Last edited by Konakid; 7th April 2015 at 02:38 AM.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

The only reason you would have problems with a 2 way on the street is if you're driving like a dick to begin with. If you mind your manners you wont have an issue, but slam it back to second in the wet slowing from 80 or more and you might have a moment. Its better to have it and at least get used to the feel of it over time and take it easy

It will force you to become an accurate heel toe driver if you learn to push it hard on the track. Feels great on gravel roads too, you can downshift and let the diff lock and 'handbrake' you into a corner, and you can meter the power easily as the clutch is engaged and you can just feed it power and steering to get around complex corners, anyhow, point is, 2 way is more fun in all situations IMO.
    Last edited by LittleRedSpirit; 7th April 2015 at 01:01 PM.

Name
    Kevin
    State
    ZH
    Country
    The Netherlands

I do not have personal experience but a mate of mine has ended up in a ditch driving in the wet with a 2way. Perhaps its the skill of the driver, point taken.
    Although I do not have personal experience with how hard a 2way bites in comparison with a 1.5way.

Heel toe driving sounds good and have tried it but seems either I'm to tall (1.96m) and have to big feet or I'm simply not flexible enough but I can't get it...Or offcourse 3rd option need more practice

Anyway in the meantime I have come to know that Kaaz can also make you a 1.5way combining parts.

Anyone has here who has hands on experience fitting a Kaaz to an F-series diff? How did it fit?
    ADM AE86 Levin

Name
    Phuoc
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I'm looking for lsd and final drive, can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks.
    Pick up Sydney
    Pics can be sent by phone
    Emails ignored
    Texts ignored
    Private numbers ignored
    Wankers abused

Name
    Lindsay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I run a kaaz 2 way for an altezza and diff gears from yukon for a toyota 7.5" diff. gears i got from complete offroad in the states.

I've been designing a twin caliper bracket that bolts on. R31 or vr commo rear calipers can be used with either 256mm s13 rotor or 276mm pulsar rotor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caliper bracket pic 2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	36091

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caliper bracket pic.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	36092

Name
    Kaan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Looks good how long till its in testing

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast