Thread: Andrews 87 Trueno

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Andrews 87 Trueno

Well i figured i should finally post up some pics of my car. Its a 1987 GT-Apex Trueno hatch. I purchased it in July off Pramodh (pro_k) and then it was sent to Paul (sexy16) for him to do his magic and get it on the road.

The night i picked it up, its was off to The Factory to pull out the Cusco safety 21 cage, and trade Beau for some interior as well as other parts.

Ive just mainly been driving it, as due to HSC exams i havent had a chance to go to a track day. The plans are to make it a comfortable daily which can still be fun.

Here are some specs:

1987 AE86 Trueno Hatch
    130,000km
    Dark blue/ grey (2 tone)

Suspension
    Front:
    Coilovers (unknown 8kg springs and shocks)
    Cusco camber tops
    Cusco RCA’s
    27mm Whiteline adjustable swaybar
    Strut brace

Rear:
    TRD shocks with unknown 6kg springs
    21mm adjustable swaybar
    Adjustable lateral rod
    Panhard rod

Engine/Diff/Driveline
    Big port 4AGE (Blue top)
    HKS Mushroom style Pod Filter
    TRD leads
    Standard T50 with aftermarket clutch
    2way LSD
    Cusco Extractors
    2 ¼” titanium exhaust
    Supposedly has a modified throttle body

Interior
    View’s Carbon Kevlar fixed back bucket seat (super light)
    Nardi Torino Steering wheel
    Boss kit extension
    Sony XAV-C1 in dash DVD player (taken from my old car) with 4” Pioneer speakers.
    Sound deadening removed
    Sunroof
    Custom made boot floor
    Black carpet

Exterior
    15x7 SSR Precido’s (front) 195/50 Bridgestone RE001 tyres
    15x7.5 XR4 Longchamps (rear) 195/50 Bridgestone RE001 tyres
    TRD side skirts
    Kouki Trueno Lip
    Bonnet Pins
    Rear spoiler
    Trueno weather shields
    Flared rear guards

Here are some pics.

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah the seat is awesome. Its light as hell, and very rigid. Need to get something reclinable for everyday use.

Anyway, i got sick of everyone telling me that my car was too loud inside as it had no sound deadening, so today i decided to finally do something about it.

I decided to buy the sheets of sound deadening. Its pretty much just rubber with a sticky backing on it. You just cut it to size, peel the back off it, and stick it on. Seemed to work pretty good. Makes a massive difference when driving around, i no longer have to listen to rocks flicking up underneath my car.

Well, first i pulled everythin out.

Then the mat was layed down on the floor and cut to size.

Then the interior was chucked back in.

Overall for $90 and a few hours of my time, it has made the car much more comfortable to drive, and was much nicer to apply than body deadener/tar.

Since the interior was looking clean, i decided to give the car a quick wash to finish her off.

Here is the santa list for what id like to get for the car:
    - 2 more 15x7 or 15x7.5 XR4 Longchamps
    - Alarm and immobiliser
    - Bride reclinable bucket seat (Brix or similar) as the current seat is not very practical for everyday driving over long distances (due to me suffering from fat ass syndrome)
    - New rear seat belts in black
    - Black floor mats (similar to Garth's ones that say 'GTV' on them, btw, where did you get them from????)
    - the motivation to install my indash dvd player which has been sitting in my bedroom for over 8 months (another thing to keep whinging family and friends happy)

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well, not much has been happening, just working and spending time down the coast water skiing and going to the beach.

Once again, Santa brought me some decent presents. Got a pair of 15x7 XR4 Longchamps and a car alarm, immobiliser and central locking kit. Sadly, it took a few days to get the wheels on, as the idiots at jax had tightened my lug nuts up to tight. In the end, i took it back to them and they loosened them, but the guy had to use a 1" drive air impact drill (it was fucking huge) to get them off.

Today i spent the day up at The Factory with Beau making up a prototype radiator shroud which he may be selling soon. Took a few hours, but in the end the result was well worth. Bolted it up, and everything worked sweet. Decided to slap a 'Factory' sticker on it, spray it with matt black, and then pull the sticker off. Came up sweet (much better than it looks in the pic). Coming home, the factory engine temp gauges (which dont tell you much)were slighlty lower than normal, so id say it made a bit of a difference.

If anyone else wants one, talk to Beau, im sure he'd be more than happy to make you up one.

Will hopefully be heading to Wakefield Park on Friday with my mates dad and some of his work mates for a grip day. Will get killed by there Evo's, WRX's, Ferrari's, etc. but it should be fun. I convinced my mate to bring his 72 Valiant Charger, he'll beat me on the straights, but i should hopefully kill him in the corners.

Im thinking i might try and grab an oil cooler kit before i go (just to ensure that the car stays as kool as a koala). Does anyone know of a good one for a decent price?

Name
    Chris
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

looks fucking sick mate!

interesting shroud, i wouldnt mind one for my trueno aswell!
    1984 JDM Zenki Trueno GT-Apex Hatch
    4AGE 16V
    +Quads, HKS 264 cams, Microtech LT10s, TRD gearset gearbox, TRD2WAY LSD, fun!

FOR SALE: JDM 4AG PACKAGE+ITEMS (ENGINE/GBOX/EXHAUST/ECU/SHIT)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ad.php?p=15205

Name
    Reeece
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hey mate generic ones on ebay or jj they are tops , get the relocater kit ones with thermostat... Been running it for 1 year now and everything is sweet, i wouldnt bother with brand name such as greddy , earls

BTW nice rims .. kinda regret selling them as i cant go any lower then 16" now

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cheers Wally, we (and by we, i mean Beau) tried to make it as simple as possible. At first it had all of these fancy bends, but it wouldnt sit right, and it forced air above the radiator, which just defies the point of it.

Cheers for the info Reece. Im might be heading up to Sydney tomorrow, so i might stop in at Just Jap and have a look. A few people have told me that they are pretty decent value for money, I really dont want to spend like $500 for an Earl's cooler with fittings and relocator kit. Wheels look pretty decent on the car, but they make my other pair look average. Im thinking i might get some 10mm spacers for the front and 25mm for the rear just so they fill the guards out perfectly.

Name
    Reeece
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

suggest u get bolt on spacers and no free spinners....

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, i dont want to mess around with slip ons, was always planning bolt ons

Bad Email Address

that looks pretty clean! I like the color-way too.

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well well well, long time no talkies.

I figured that i should finally chuck up some pics of what ive been up to in the last 8 months.

Anywho, over the last 6 months ive purchased quiet a bit of pointless crap for the car that i really didnt need, and most of which still hasnt been fitted. These included:
    - New oil cooler with braided lines and sandwich plate
    - 20V ST quads
    - Another trueno bonnet as mine has all of the webbing cut out of it
    - A vertex front bar off Beau (pictured below)
    - Parcel shelf (retrimmed in black)

Picked the front bar up off him in February, and it has just sat in my garage ever since. Absolutely love this pic of me taking the front bar home. Was about an hour drive, and it rained the whole way home, and cause the old mans pulsar is tiny, the bar wouldnt fit in the car.

However, as well as pointless crap, ive also bought some decent stuff, the main thing being new wheels. 15x8 -2 Longchamps for the front, and 15x8 -14 longchamps for the rear. Got a bit pissed off however, as during my uni break i re-flaired the rear guards, as they were done in japan, but a shit job was done of it. Then, when i went to put my -14s on the other day, i realised they scrubbed like a bitch, so i had to take to beautifully done guards to make them fit. They still need more sanding, hammer and dollying and shit, but you get the deal. Anyways, here are some pics of the ol girl as she sits.

Have been tossing up what im gonna fork more money out on next, as im kind of unsure as too which way i would like the car to go. You see, i would love to try and get to a few track days, in which case, id pull the interior out and chuck a half cage in, but, at the same time, its not exactly a practical car if i can only carry one passenger (not that i really care), but its also more likely to be a bit of cop target. In which case, it seems like a better idea to leave the interior in there, but i still dont have any rear seatbelts, and from what ive seen, black sprinter seatbelts are rare as rocking horses shit, and cost a fuckin fortune.

BTW, im well aware that the front end needs to be lower and that i should put my front lip back on, but if i do either, my car cant get down my driveway.

On a side note, i went for a drive in my mates dads GT-R R35 the other night, gotta say, fuckin unbelievable. Power is immense. The car still isnt properly run in yet, so he couldnt give it too much, but farrrk, absolutely crazy. Sooooo much quicker than the Audi R8 that i drove about a year ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast