Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Thread: timbo's pet panda aka daily

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Bought some barbs from masters this morning, bastards only had three left so I had touse a male to male adaptor with a female barb. Works the same, just a little longer but it doesn't worry me. Used pink plumbers tape to seal the threads and just cut my existing house to suit the new length to and from the thermostat. I also removed the pressure stat from the Toyota sandwich plate to allow full flow. Only thing is that oil pressure now fluctuates a lot, but doesn't seem to get dangerously low.

Last edited by timbo; 7th July 2015 at 02:58 PM.

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Made a successful trip to the wreckers today, picked up some hose fittings for an oil cooler I've had for ages. Its a commonwhore item, prob around 250ml, about half the size of my current one which is half a litre and total overkill. That one has barb fittings which are a tab small for 3/8th hose. The smaller one has metric female flare fittings so I grab a pair. Only problem is they are crimp type but a removed them with the dremel! Perfect now as they're angled which saves the hose flexing! Should relieve the low oil pressure issue seeing as it's less volume but retains similar cooling properties as it's the same dimensions.

Also grabbed a Kenwood CD player, shit load of red stereo power cable, few 2 pin plugs, smallport oil return line, sandwich plate banjo and bolt, door lock switches and other small shit. Good day.

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Well here's a new low...

Car has been parked off the street in Booval (Ipswich, fucking shithole) for the last couple of days and I've just driven over to my folks this morning. Whilst unloading the boot I noticed the left hand side quarter window trim has been pulled off and the grey clips holding it on are all broken. Some dirty cunt has tried to pry them off in an attempt to steal the trim from the rear window... WTF! I resprayed them a few years ago in VHT trim paint (good shit) and you can see it all chipped off where they've used something to lever them out.

The worst part is that whoever did this probably has an AE86 and has no respect for this type of car or anyone else's property.

All I can say is lucky I've got a camera in the car.

Name
    Nick
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Dogs!!!
    Formerly 86 Nick

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

So you have pics/video of the offender(s) in action?

That's low man. Stupid Ipswich.

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Had the exhaust sorted today. Raised it so it's now inline with the chassis rail and ended up going over the diff in an effort to please the popo and their damn 100mm bullshit. Also got a new stainless steel high flow cat and muffler plus a flange just before the diff to make it easy to take off if need be. The bloke looked after me, ended up using some left over stainless pipe from another job for the new over diff part which was mandrel bent, matching the rest of the system and put a new shiny dump to finish it off.

A1 Exhaust at 17 Mile Rocks. Absolute fucking legend.

Off to cop shop tomorrow to hopefully sort out defect although I still need a new windscreen. Impossible to find a kouki replacement. I've done some research and apparently a crack less then 150mm right of centre of the screen that is on the outside only is passable. All according to the QLD Transport inspection guidelines. Fingers crossed they'll give me some leeway.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Good luck buddy. Do you have some 15 inch rims anywhere I can borrow?

Name
    Tim?
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks mate, went to the station today to find out they were closed, officer I talked as he was walking out was no help other than informing me that the issuing officer is on holidays and now resides at Inala. The saga continues...

No spare rims at all sorry mate.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56