Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ae86

Unhappy ae86

hey i have an ae86 i spend lots of time stealing your ideas and lots of your grinder work. so heres mine. i have since cut my springs, got a levin front grill with fog lights, i just bought two and glued them in place with epoxy looks stock, put on my stock rear and front gaurds as they both pretty much just bolts off, ( i changed it back cause prolly looked really gay lol ) stripped and painted car went half ar^^ and didnt paint engine bay,

16v 4age bluetop, weird buy the dodgiest mexicans (unknown). also got electric tacho dash and digital speeedo to go in. ( licences plates arent off my car btw ). im not a p plater either, not saying any thing. also got rear disks with all new seals and grease and rubbers, and lsd rear end. no hand brake at all. all so has 2.25 inch exhaust all through and stock extractors. strut tower bar and 12mm spark leads, also adjustable fuel pressure regulator. r33 bucket seats in the front. really shi**y interior. t3 short shifter,

brand new excedy clutch and 4 kilo flywheel ( mainly got this because was cheaper then finding a 215mm flywheel as i had 200 mm and it made the teeth of my starter motor start to look funny) and rebuilt t-50 gearbox (new 1-2,5-R) selectors as the teeth on mine were flat and would not engage. sorry my wheels arent jdm, i was in a different mind set, also car was only painted in house,

3 months ago and only has had rego for 3 months, also got new carpet cause old carpet was like what old people have when they own dogs. also if this thread is not sposed to be here by all means correct me and i will remove it. pictures were taken day it was talking out side for a stroll since its 6 months hybenation in a dusty factory.(its alot lower now). any comments would be nice even if it is crap lol.

Last edited by smidgem; 16th December 2009 at 04:19 PM.

oh yeah i first used this site to buy this car off another member. so like this is what a copper red ae86 with rust in the rear arches and the fuel tank wasnt attached to the skin, also all doors had bottoms rusted out and the entine front water run off try was almost completely re sheeted. also the entire rear bumbper is zip tied on.

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

youll get there dude. looks and specs seem half-decent.

save your cash and read read read. look through peoples threads and other ae86 websites and get some ideas there.

build the car for yourself and to make yourself happy BUT listen to others thoughts and suggestions aswell.

i wish i listened to others when i had my previous ae86's. looking back on the photos now they were so ugly and tasteless

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

yeah when i get round to it ill take a picture of my 86 now its got the stock bars on it now and its alot lower i feel kinda bad posting that pic cause its different now, ill get some pics asap.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

well paint looks good....looks like ur ahead of everyone already
    dose

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I read a few lines of that, you might want to try and use some paragraphs.

Please post a new picture, would be good to see how it is coming along, it has potential in the right hands.

Default hey

didnt actually think any one would look at it, me and my dad painted it, i did all the sanding and straightening and rust work. and dad painted the top coat, we used boat paint (jotun) no clear, and zinc phosphate primer followed by penguard 300 epoxy high build primer. also took to the engineer today to get extractor bolts holes re threaded. long story short i tried to hook my exhaust up so that i could use my body kit with stock exhaust positioning bar one of the rubber circle that connect exhaust to chasis, that one rubber made it a tiny bit loser eventually another one came off and then the exhaust/extractor bolt snapped on oak avenue on the way to tweed. loud limp home. also when i got ym car back they didnt take any notice of my springs and dropped it back down and the front springs were like, wat the hell man where am i. so had to jack it up at the shop.

also i have irregular idle, so i replaced all the vacumm hoses and put new nipples on top of the rest that were leaking in to atmosphere. it helped a little (doesnt idle at 2k after a hosing) more like 1.500 i was thinking that the dampening thing on the throttle that stop it from backfiring when i go down hills (something pot) might be a bit old and was wondering if any one else just took it off and zip tied the hose together.

sorry about puncuation. i am really not very good a reading or typing so if you bear with me i will slowly fix this page, but my car comes first haha. and new pics will be when my gf bring her camera over again. i am sorry if this or any thing have done pisses any one off. thanks for looking.

next mod will be make some type of surge tank up, get one of those banjo clutch lines as mine has caught on fire once. the new clutch line has a spring coiled around it and i put some dodgy connecting plate that i made out of some old metal and bent it down so it comes inbetween the extractors and the line. also i dont think at the moment i will get any heat sinking tape around, will have to wait for the 90' fitting. any help reguarding the irregular idle would help but i tomorrow i think i will just disengage it i dont care if it backfires down hills lol or coming off throttle.

also help my pressing enter helped every ones eyes up the top it was late last night so heh.

Default thnx riojin

thnx riojin thats pretty true if i had of looked abit more i would of seen some that i have grown to love now. its getting there i need to hook my handbrake up some how too prob just dodgy up wires. if i could find a cheap hydrualick one i would use it but there pretty expensive and its not like i live on mount everest and i barely even drive the thing any where i would park it.

Name
    Mereki
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

not bad, its got potential

mereki.
    ~KEEP DRIFTING FUN~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast