Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: What SHould i Get

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

we live in share accommodation, hes sleeping at the moment.

Im only asking him cause he keeps my confidence high, he always tells me im the best after i beat him at ice hockey
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I don't drive a KE70?

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

When it comes down to picking what car is the best, it's generally going to be an emotive decision, I mean why would you build up a car if you didn't like it?

I say get what ya like and be happy.....shit there are guys building up volvos

I have the cars/bikes I own cos I like them and no amount of argument from anyone else would change my mind, I imagine you are all the same.

get one or the other(ke70/ae86) but get the one YOU like

Name
    Joe
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

when he wakes, do you recon i could get his autograph and his number?
    clearly my hero

driven a fairly setup turbo ae86 with s14? coilover etc.
    drove my old keto with old cheap pedders crap in it.
    keto felt better around corners. i thought it felt more predictable sideways as well as. could jsut be me.

man, have you checked out driftke70's build? he definately knows his shit.

Name
    stanza
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

buy my car,

86 with no tak tax!

Banned
    Name
    Vivas
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i didnt say you did?

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

not notice? dude, if you actually read what i wrote. i said i drove an 86 and a ke back to back with the same parts, and i could notice a very big difference.

loose money on an 86? never have. made money on my ke too. sorry bro. youre doing it wrong.
    Last edited by slydar; 25th January 2009 at 01:20 PM.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

LOL! This makes no sense whatsoever.

The AE86 just handles better generally just because it does. WTF?

slydar just outlined the basic facts of why a KE is a stiffer car, how you make it handle is the parts you put into it, but as a base chassis, they are quite the same, a KE being that little bit better.

There are more AE86's because firstly, there's Initial D, it's an easier car to start modding (opposed to the KE where some bits need to swapped around and such). And arguably a nicer looking car than a KE.

But at the end of the day, if none of those matter to you, a KE is most definately the better base, it's cheaper, there's less cosmetics to look for, and easier to replace the shell. I drive an 86 and I know this. But I like the looks so what can you do.

And seriously dude, trying to put other peoples car build down and saying how good yours is, that's pretty dog.

Banned
    Name
    Vivas
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I have driven all corollas too so STFU

I only dissed that guy about his build cos he said I dont know shit about building an AE86...

Also he said Some shit about not being a tight ass when you build a car when I was only putting in my opinion what would be best for some broke ass kid to do..

And slydar You always will loose some money when you build up a ADM86 or KETO to drift spec, and I bought my GT APEX notch levin (the most rigid of all RWD corollas) for 6k and right now could sell it for an easy 15k and It just makes me laugh to think that you could or anyone else justify buying an Ugly ass KETO over an AE86 hatch because of this super human Rigidness sense you seem to possess.. I would rather buy a wobbly ass AE86 hatch buy a 100dollar floor brace and rear strut brace...

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

He said you couldn't drive, not that you can't build one (you obviously do seeing the quality parts you got for it)

Everyone isn't really denying the claims that a Coupe GT-Apex isn't the stiffest Corolla out there, but you haven't really provided any truthful facts as to why it is, as opposed to everyone elses about KE70's. This is what makes your argument flawed.

Some may argue that the KE70's look better, or a Ferrari looks better than a AE86, who cares, but at the end of the day, just try not to offend others about it.

This is the arguing and pointless digs at others that Nick mentioned in the other thread about this forum, it's got to stop.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast