*shrug*
    J.

Name
    Callan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

If they did bring out a new trueno think of what it would look like! take the 03 model corolla and put it in a blender with an 04 model hiace and then look at it.That's what it would probably look like but hey I maybe wrong

Name
    matt
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

i was talking to the people (formerly) in charge of TRD Aus, and found out some very interesting info and thought of you guys straight away! They were "forced to try the Aurion as a fwd". Greg Gardner was told that "if it doesn't work as fwd, then TRD Aus has free reign of any Toyota parts bin to make it competitive with hsv", "i was told that, it must be able to compete againts a clubsport, if necisary series 2 can be changed to rwd or awd" there were plans and some designs in the pipework for the yaris and corolla too, i'll see if i can get my hands on those designs cos they look great but were planned for 2010-11. So for once they were willing to go all out and make something new thats actually worth owning but, also for once, a company told the truth! it was just financial issues that put TRD "on hold" and from what i was told, IS returning soon.
    Marvis:
    We should do tandems. It will be like making love.
    And I will run into you.

Name
    matt
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

p.s. they actually to pick people at random and have a group of about 20, and ask them all what they want from a car and whether they like the new designs and what would they change about them. so some fags wanted fwd.
    Marvis:
    We should do tandems. It will be like making love.
    And I will run into you.

Gunner

Toyota Australia, has never really offered any real performance car to the australian public, since the early 90's.

The fact that the Aurion was to go up against clubsport, or fpv, is laughable. Slapping a bodykit, interior, and a supercharger on a camry, does not make it a performance car.

The Australian automotive industry, is very very political, and holden and ford, will always be the favourites, and get the prime spots on the pedestal. No other manufacturer, will ever be able to produce, a true rival to the clubsport or fpv, in the family saloon market.

Why do subi, mitsu and mazda get awy with having, the 4 door awd turbo animals thay have, holden and ford, dont have anything to go against them in there range, so the automotive gods of australia, will let them be sold, if there was a awd turbo variant available from holden and ford, we would not have these cars, in our country.

If toyota Australia, was truly going to be realieasing a performance vehicle, that was not just a stunt, like the TRD Aurion, it has many many capable vehicles, available elsewhere in the world. But Toyota Austraia is all about safe family cars, not about balls to the wall, performance cars.

TRD as a brand of toyota australia, will never be successful, not because, they can't be any good, but why would you buy a 80k commodore, when you could buy a 80k toyota that can do everything the commi can, but is built better, stronger and would probably out perform anything else in the market. You wouldn't, you'd buy the toyota, and hsv and fpv would be dead, and subsequently, so would holden and ford.

Name
    Akio
    State
    Other
    Country
    Japan

that is a very valid point there gunner. but what about all the people who own the XR6T's out there?
    if they had a viable 2nd option other than the holden or ford that is a large sedan and had some poke they jump at the chance.

look at how many mkV vw golfs are getting around, previously they were the people who bought commodores or falcons but didnt like or previously had a bad experiance with the quality of the holden or ford.

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i think people are after "fuel efficiency" = FWD
    but big cars that are fwd are more like boats
    30kw club

Name
    Akio
    State
    Other
    Country
    Japan

but the new v8's are more effieceint than they have ever been. they still suck it down faster than fat guy on a macca's binge but they are getting just as many KM's to a tank than the equivilent FWD family cars.

Gunner

but the tank, is still double the size. Just like a fat dude.

TRD Australia, is nothing more, than those gronks that do up camry's.

Seriously though, yates 86 was cool, but why waste money sponsoring a vehicle, you can't sell to anyone. Its not like the public, can go into toyota on the monday, and buy an 86.

Toyota Australia, is all about efficiency as rthy said, and also about being able to offer a vehicle, of better build quality than most other manufacturers, at a better price, but this has screwed them over, as they have nothing in the range, but fwd, and 4wd's, theres is nothing, to offer in rwd, apart from a hilux, or van, and nothing on the awd market.

The only real performance orientated and capable vehicle is the sportivo corolla, and do they even have that in the current model range?

I love toyota, I only own toyota's, and probably will only ever own toyota's, but not if it is aussie made.

Thats not saying, I dont think they do their job well, but until they can offer me a real sportscar, I will never buy a toyota older than a 93 model. Out of the locally delivered stock that is.

Name
    Leo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

fyi, id totally buy a hilux
    30kw club

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast