Thread: Toyota dumps TRD

Name
    Aaron
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default nice.

Thanks clinton.. were you meaning kinetic or potential energy.

dont be a wanker mate we dont need this forum to become like toymods.

Avesco (spelling) has a problem with any other car manufacturer entering v8 supercars. toyota nissan and mitsy all can produce a car for v8 supercars but are not allowed entry. on the grand scheme of things why would they want to enter. v8 supercars is pretty low in the food chain of racing.

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Since you were talking about diesel, I'd say he meant potential energy. Of which diesel actually has around 10% more (depending on how you measure it).

I don't think anyone's trying to be a wanker, but the problem is, you've posted some completely wrong information and, when you got called on it, you do the forum equivalent of plugging your ears and yelling "LalalaIcan'thearyou!"

Laugh at wikipedia if you want (I changed the links anyway - accurate information is really easy to find) but there's actually plenty of good information there. Search for yourself if you'd rather - I think you'll find that the actual "dregs" that you're talking about are waxes and asphalts and the like. There are several things that distil from crude oil at higher temps than diesel. (heating oil, motor oil, etc.)

On topic, I completely agree with your last paragraph about the V8s. Sadly, it seems that, for many of your typical Aussie blokes, "The Vee-Eights" are the be-all, end-all of motorsport.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

try running a deisel at 11:1 compression and see how much torque you get.dont know about the fingers in ears thing but sure. I personally would love for there to be a more effecient way of producing ethanol. its got everything else going for it. bi-produce of combustion is steam, it has a strong slow burn so you can get good torque in a piston engine its knock freindly so you can run 16:1 compression and not have a drama with pre detonation. it burns a lot colder then petroleum produces so you dont need a radiator thus manufacturers can make more aerodynamic cars with smaller frontal area. it got everything going for it bar the quantities that we need to produce.

Name
    Christian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

You were just called out for posting wrong information about diesel so now you move onto posting wrong information about ethanol?

Name
    Aaron
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

which was....

actually the only thing that was wrong about the diesel thing was the diesel revving thing which I was"called" on as they have heavier internals.. the rest is pretty much spot on.
    Last edited by KE35Punk; 3rd January 2009 at 09:02 AM.

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

See? There you go again with your fingers in your ears. Let's see here...

Completely wrong.
    Completely wrong.
    Slight? Partially/mostly wrong.
    Hey, you got one! Correct.
    Completely wrong.

Yeah, pretty much spot on... /sarcasm

Honestly, you should probably just stop now.

Name
    Paul
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hope toyota pull out of rallying
    then the illegal corollas wont be able to run anymore
    why should toyota be able to run cars that are not manufactured anywhere

watch the evo's rule now
    and before anyone flames me i know better than anyone what i am talking about

Name
    Aaron
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default .

well your fingers must be up your arse. I really dont see whats so "wrong" with most of what was written..

so because you disagree with what I have said you turn it into a "you dont know shit" arguing match which up til now I was avoiding. but fuck it.

truth is everything that was stated was written in a forceful, opinionated way sort of the same as your replies, to say that hey diesel is really not that great and why would you both wasting time with it. if you want to get really super technical you can say that im not 100% spot on. but as I said a million times your really not getting my point. diesel is inefficient... I was wrong about revving but its still shit form of fuel. because it doesnt combust aswell as petroleum it needs higher compression. But you get the same result mixing it with vegy oil.. guess that makes vegy oil a great source of fuel. in one form or another it is shit that comes out of crude oil and it is dirty and sludgy.

can we please go back on topic. I do actually want to know about Toyota and the rally as sexy 16 started saying. I didnt know the corollas were illegal I dont have time to follow the rally.

if you want to continue this conversation email me or PM me other wise fuck off with your ego trip and let get back on topic.

Banned

Anybody know what the homologation for the new 2009 WRC super 2000s is, & will Toyota/TRD be part of this in the future, why not?
    Interesting conversation on fuels
    I hate fwd & diesels but has anyone ever driven a Seat leon TDI Sport? Serious weapons, also was impressed with the Skoda Octavia RS

Name
    Christian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

The part where you claimed that the bi-product of ethanol combustion is steam...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast