Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Toyota dumps TRD

Name
    Nat
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I honestly don't see why they bothered developing the Aurion when they simply coudl have done what you just mentioned - I would have thought having another market for the jzx110 (even if the top model was powered by the current 4.5L v8...) would make it more economical to build?

That said, I don't know shit....

Name
    Karl
    State
    S.A.
    Country
    Austria

That's exactly what I was thinking... But Beau has done most of the hard yards himself over the years. Hope he doesn't have to return the Bates prepared 3SGTE...

TRD Japan still has so much to offer for many models with performance potential, I don't really care if they have a options for camry or ute here.
    Last edited by Kid Karola; 31st January 2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: .

Name
    Alan
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

Hmmm I had no idea the chassis for the chaser was similar to that of the camry/Aurion but in any case like you said they would have been better off releasing the chaser over here its not like they wouldnt sell any.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Aus TRD = Aus Toyota Retarded Department

only reason why i can think they made a TRD Aurion and Hilux, cuz they are the biggest sellers in Aus as normal cars? in saying that, the corolla...a big hit i like to believe, BUT yeah...people are tightass already thats why they by a toyota in the first place, they arnt willing to spend MORE on a toyota TRD....

people say Honda are expensive, parts and all, but toyota is just as harsh, TRD parts only...talking in terms of newer cars, not 1983s ^_^
    dose

Name
    gay
    State
    n1gger land
    Country
    south korea seoul

there is no market for such a toyota.... the only people who would buy it is the people of this forum, who oftenly can not afford a new car, or do not want to pay for a new car.

the car you speak of would not appeal to a wide enough audience, especially considering toyotas USUALLY "safe" attitude.

another reason is that car could undercut certain other toyota models... its like if they released the MR-S with a 2zzge instead of a 1zzfe... it would have undercut the celica (toyota australias toy sports model)

also not to mention the fact that the stress negative 27 offset 10inch rims would cause on the car....

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

there are plenty of people out there, who have bought xr6t, ss comm, second hand gtrs, wrx, liberty etc who would have more than happily considered it, and probably bought it, they are beautiful cars to drive, even from a non performance perspective.

The mr-s and the celica are two different markets, ones for 26 year old women, the other for 36 year old women.

negative 27 offset would put stress, but alot less stress than some of the components on a r35 gtr would endure. It is a bit much though,

maybe - 21
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

but if toyota put a factory 10 on a small f/r car we can safely assume there would be a hidiously massive tyre to match?
    for those that were mentioning the jzx110 earlier they stopped production wayyy back in 03 and even now the newer mark X is only available as an automatic. toyota just seem to target the older market who actually buy new cars, not us 'younger' people who would rarely buy one. cant say i blame them really, but i am disapointed that they have changed.
    mmmmm 110 verossa.... arghghghhghghhhhhh
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Christian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Good call.

they should have scrapted the trd hilux. they were trying to get the tradies with big cash but they really didnt want it. and i agree when u guys say why make a trd aurion front wheel drive. it would have been so much better in rear wheel and also yeh a trd corolla would have been sweet to match the evo and wrx.

Name
    Andrew
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

to be honest my love of toyota stops at the 1980s... the new ones aren't the same car. I love cars because of how they are engineered, not what badge is stuck on it.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast