Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Toyota dumps TRD

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

the whole engine and sub frame bolts in from under neath so easily, its also cheaper to transport parts, cheaper to hold them, cheaper to fit them, cheaper to make tools to fit them

aus toyota didnt do rwd cause they were lazy.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Ryan
    State
    qld
    Country
    Aust.

lol, it's simply just toyota isnt a charity. its a business, and as such operates against business models that make the company as successful as it is.

its simple economics really.

and to be honest, im over the whole 'new' sportish cars from any make of vehicle. its either too expensive to deter me from thrashing the shit out of, or its cheap enough that its simply not worth thrashing... catch 22. A new daily, then sure... but a car to treat like your ke/ae86? its not logical in a expensive (new) car.

Name
    Jake
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

there is a toyota blade corolla which the should have used 2grfe awd all they would have had to do was supercharge it or ever direct injection and instant sporty? car

Gunner

dont get me wrong guys, I understand toyota australia's approach, but dont turn your fwd family sedan into a sportscar, and expect it to be the next big thing.I am a mechanic, I have dedicated my life to automobiles, and the automotive industry (to my own demise) I know why manufacturers produce fwd vehicles over any other platform, but despite the fact Toyota in my eyes is the worlds best manufacturer, they have proven over the last 20 years they do not give 2 hoots about Toyota Australia, and have let the brand in Australia drop to the level of mitsubishi. The only thing saving them is the corolla, just like the mirage kept mitsubishi Australia afloat.

They banked TRD Australia, on the aurion, hilux, yates 86, and the easter show, imo this proves Toyota Australia, can do nothing but fwd family cars, and as I said before, it is laughable, that such a big, successful, manufacturer, would take such a path.

Gunner

I am talking about how they tried to sell the trd brand, not how good toyota is, I have already stated, that I do think toyota is the best manufacturer in the world.

As I have said, it all comes down to politics in the Australian automotive industry, that i my belief. There is no room for toyota to bring a true sportscar into the same market as hsv or fpv. I think toyota australia was stupid for trying to produce such a product, with fuck all development, lets get a bodykit, flash interior, slap a new set of rims on it, oh wait how bout a blower, in a fucking camry, stupid idea isn't it.
    I would say thats mitsubishi australia standards, but the ralliart magna did actually work alright.

At the end of the day, I as an individual, with my own thought process, and opinions, think toyota australia bombed out with the trd brand.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11