Thread: We've got a Bleeder! JDMGTVGZE

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

They would be 2.5" outlets.

Rwd setup has already been done on the engine. 1/4 of an alloy donut was welded on the stock J-pipe to point forward (and raised enough to pass by the charcol canister).

Andrew, you're still going to run a/c yeah? I think you are going to find it difficult to fit that cooler with a/c. I JUST had enough room with my new cooler, which is 15mm thinner than yours (just clears the receiver dryer).
    Last edited by Nikkojoe; 28th January 2010 at 02:09 AM.
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, still plannin on running ac, I will be fitting the cooler slightly to the passenger side and as such should still clear the reciever dryer

Anyway, got more shite today...

Got my diff back from recieving a full set of new seals/ inspection etc and then put a new lick of paint on it as it was looking about 25 years old...

Also got a pack in the post from AJPS... rear brake rotors, bush kit and a dash mat (not pictured) to keep my jdm dash as minty as possible!

Going to clean up all the rear arms and repaint them before refitting them, was thinking about going the same colour as I used on the Cam covers etc (aluminum) just to mix things up a bit... if it looks the ghey I can always just respray black...

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default I wanna take you to a sway-bar sway-bar!

Got more shite today... keeps me smiling!

Thanks to ebay I have my new radiator!

Thanks to ADM I have my new whiteline adjustable rear swaybar

And thanks to supercheap $2 degreaser I have cleaned the evidence of what must have been a front seal failure in the diff!
    Before:

After:

And thanks to VHT paint I have started messing with painting shite, lol

When work cuts me some slack hopefully Ill have some time to put them in!

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Had some time off today and thought I would mess around test fitting some stuff...

did the easiest first and sat the new swaybar next to the diff, looks pretty good with the colour scheme for the link arms etc, didn't actually fit the diff yet as I want to spray where I cleaned all the muck off from the diff seal failure

Then I did the next easiest and fitted the radiator, i needed to bend the end plate slightly to get the radiator to fit properly, but realistically it was a very minor problem

Then I began to mess around with fitting the intercooler, I may need to modify the foglight bracket slightly to get a nicer fit, but I won't be running foglights on this car anyway, at least not at the moment, so Im not too phased by that. It also clears the reciever/drier this way (just) but I am certainly glad the pipework will be thinner than the in/out lets as running pipework that thick would be a nightmare...

Will need to make up some brackets and bend the hood latch reciever bracket a little too

Current Cars:

Name
    Daniel
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

looking good mate

I am thinking of re-designing my cooling system on my gze I was looking at a narrow radiator and using a similar intercooler. How are you going to fit both the warm and cool pipes through one side? Just cut a big hole?

Daniel.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

So, One of the biggest problems with the conversion last time (although not very big) was the length of the loom being just that little bit to short to reach everything comfortably and as such I decided I should add about 50cm to the whole loom (well... I didn't want to fuck with CAS and it was long enough)... anyway, it was a mess as well, so I figgured I should sort it out a bit at the same time

So we start by taking off the looming to find something that looks a bit like this...

I then cut out 50cm long with of wire, tinned both the source and extension cables and then soldered and heat shrinked then taped them just to be shure to be shure I also covered the connection with some electrical tape...

Really! Exciting! job!............. time passes............. more time passes.................................. (kill me)..

Anyway, still got about 3/4 of the loom left, might attempt tomorrow...

Daniel, I dunno about a "big" hole, but yeah, just planning on a hole just above the chassis rail somewhere

Lawson... I know I know, quick work would be lovely, just has to do with my wierd work situation and not being around the car most of the time, also still waiting on the crane so that I can start the bigger steps

Current Cars:

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Progress *lots O' pics*

Firstly I got off work mega early on Saturday so I finished the loom extention in time I was technically being paid to be at work! Win!

Then I set about finishing off the diff, hopefully shouldn't have to pull it out again... well till I probs break it over time with the gze... Anyway, firstly I didn't want shite to rust after I cleaned all the gunk off the floorpan, so I went off and got a can of Wattyl Killrust and painted 1 cans worth under the diff, I think it turned out really well, so I am now thinking of buying a couple more cans and doing the rest of the floorpan. Anyway pics

Then I fitted the new bushes to the trailing arms and fitted the swaybar and panard bar to the diff...

I then put the diff on the car and the new bushes being more solid and not yet worn in made it a prick of a job, got there eventually though, also put in the kingsprings and trd blue 8 ways

Then I got the car taken to an engineering workshop in Mitchell to get some welding done on the floorpan, I dont trust myself with car metal... to easy to burn through...

They had this cool tubefame circuit car there and a sprintcar with the engine essentially mounted in the passenger footwell to aviod damage during front on collisions

Sprintcar

So now I play the waiting game for a little bit, but, with a bit of luck Ill have the crane back on Saturday and I can start getting serious about the actual conversion

Current Cars:

Name
    Luke
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

nice , sucks waiting to borrow engine cranes , i finally went out and bought one the other day for $200.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Well, not much progress this weekend...
    Gave the car a wash

Then Went to see my mate Ant... Project cyborg's new motor looks sexy...

But good news is the waiting game is over and we can start playing hungry hungry hippos...

Unfortunately I'm not around until next weekend, but that puppy is there ready to be used

Current Cars:

Name
    Luke
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

thats the same crane as i bought , love how clean your garage is haha

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast