Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: We've got a Bleeder! JDMGTVGZE

Name
    Tyson
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

nice car m8 ive always had a thing for this,and your colour matches the guard etc as my work m8 painted the guard not to long ago and matched the colour by the filler flap aswel haha
    Old username : hally
    Beige build in the works!!
    http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...426#post874426

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

This just in (Friday):

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Good work Robbo. Did it pass first go at dickson?
    Mine went over last week (24th), and failed...... Too loud, exhaust too low, as well as some other stupid crap......

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Proper Update

Hey there DC land,

As above at long last I managed to get over the pits and the car is performing well so far...

Ive now driven it to Sydney (No hassles at all) and it will take over from the Z for my work commute from now on.

Although its registered these things are never really done, and there is still a list of things that I will get around to when I have time, I have already gone and fitted my jdm wind deflectors, wheel and xr4s for the moment (PS love the feel of the RE001s) and still want to put in an oil cooler, refit my boost gauge etc... lots of little things that I will sort out with time.

I am also itching to get out to the track, so if people know of local events chuck a pm my way, Im thinking of organising a skidpan day at Sutton road with a few work mates etc if anyone is interested...

As for getting over first time, that was a negative. I had a couple of minor things, exhaust too low (story to follow), tint too dark (that was always a possibility), play in wheel hub (turned out to actually be the pillowball bearing), small oil leak and a small amendment to paperwork.

Most of those were easy fixes I could manage myself, couldnt believe how much people wanted to remove tint, after calling a couple places the cheapest quote I got was $120! Took me like 20 minutes! .

Only other issue was the exhaust. I went back to the place I had the old system modified to suit (The exhaust shop in Mitchell) as I was never really happy with the job the did but they had fitted me in at late notice so I figured that had been the problem. Anyway, called ahead and they said they'd look at it, but I never mentioned they had done anything to the car before etc... I show up and the guy comes and has a look, was really argumentative and basically told me that it couldn't go much higher, Id have to raise the car instead and then tried to tell me it needed to come up at least 25mm (I had previously accurately measured 10mm) and thought that holding a creased tape measure under the car (with probably 15mm or so bent at the intersection) was somehow proof he was right. Voices became raised then he told me he was outright not interested and to go somewhere else! I had not even mentioned that it was their fault the exhaust was lousy in the first place or even hinted at that they should give me a good deal because of that.

Anyway, so I went to Powatone in Fyshwick, explained my predicament and asked them to have a look. The guy took one look and said "holy crap, this whole exhaust is 2 inches to low, more in some places!" (again douchebag in Mitchell said it couldnt even come up 10mm) In the end I decided that it would be easier etc to rebuild a practically new system and the guy gave me a great deal. He was obviously excited to be working on an 86 and said "hachi roku" at every possible oppertunity, lol. He also ended up replacing a muffler for nothing and I think they even pushed other jobs out of the way to get my car done as soon as possible ...So more proof for the do it right the first time argument...

So I highly recommend Powatone and don't at all recommend the exhaust shop in Mitchell (I have since complained about them at a few other shops in Mitchell and heard some absolute horror stories too, one example they were asked to raise the hangers on an aftermarket stainless system, he decided to modify the system, without owner approval, and used mild in the areas he changed!?!?!)

/rant

Anyway, its sweet to be driving a hachi again, its been probably 18 months,

Now for the part most people will ignore the rest of the post for:

New Exhaust:

Extractors are the lowest point...

Reveling in Rego:
    First one to decipher the plate gets 50 super happy imaginary points

Already in Sydney:

No doubt more to come...

Ill leave you on another of my random things I take photos of...

I know Fyshwick has a bad rep, and I know pimpin aint easy (pimpin men has to be the hardest kind too) but this is just ridiculous!

Thanks for reading and not throwing rotten fruit!

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Looks great, very clean. Love the two-tone job on it.
    AE86 4AGZE

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, I've had bad experiences with the Exhaust Shop in Mitchell too. Iam not going to tell the story, but I will say, DONT EVER GO THERE!

Paul did my report too, really good i thought. I have a simular exhaust situation to you. Mine is too low where it hangs under the diff (70mm only). Just wondering, how much did Powatone do the job for?
    The car looks really neat robbo. Is it using the clutch you got off me?
    Are you going to join us and bring the car to Marques in the park in November? I hope so....

Name
    Stu
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Sugoi, loosely translated to awesome. Cars looking nice dude

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

You have PM reference pricing, Im not suprised it would be low if you went under the diff, even mine which I measured at home before I left Approx 110mm ground clearance they said was pushing it, Im of the opinion that if they want cars to be 150mm high then they should make the rule that, I think 10% extra fat is being generious...

Anyways, thanks for complements, I am using your clutch, and I like it much better than my old one, much more feel and still grabs well, we'll have to see how it is once it cops some heat/abuse on the track
    As for Marques, Im not entirely sure yet because it does conflict with my work (I work every Sunday) But that is my Birthday weekend, so I might be asking for it anyway

Once again, thanks, and enjoy your 50 points

Current Cars:

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Sutton Road Skidpan

Well, got myself on one of the fifth gear motor sport skidpan mornings today...

I did have a good time and all, but Im not 100% sure I really like the set up there, I found the actual skidpan bit to be quite unpredictable because water pooled unevenly and in the end I think I would personally prefer just a nice square of tarmac with some traffic cones like AHG in Perth. I had a fair amount of front end grip but the rear wouldn't stick on the super slippery surface and it resulted in a lot of loops... Lovin the sound of my car atm, the quiet exhaust means all you can hear is the charger... sounds like a vacuum cleaner on steroids, lol

Anyway, as I said still had a good time and got some footage, had a Massive camera fail though when I thought the camera was recording... but no, it wasnt, lame

On car (love the new GoPro)

From the sidelines

Current Cars:

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Nice..... Was the car filthy afterwards?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast