Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: We've got a Bleeder! JDMGTVGZE

Name
    John
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

does look very wet!who organised that?i would have been up for it!

im gunna have to put my coupe over the pits soon,is it much hastle,can ya get away with coilovers,rca's,a/m sway bars and the likes or what?

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

I fear for you.....

Name
    Jason
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

How did you get the engine/super charger/ inlet manifolds everything so clean? Just scrub everything? Looks great

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yes, the car was dirty!

But nothing me and my pressure washer couldnt fix!

It was some liberty car club, so it was mostly scooby-doos, but they were all pretty cool, Ill post up some footage of an STi from the same day later that was doing well, I would have tried to form a bandwagon, but I literally got the last spot, but if you look on 5th gear motoring's website there are still a couple of spots left this year

I honestly think I would prefer the track dry these days, but all good, ill just have to get to a real track soon

I also fear for you, Although I dont really know, I mean I have coilovers, sway bars and stuff, but its all engineered, so it was all straight forward, I dunno about what they are like without the paperwork...

And as for the clean look, yeah, its mostly scrubbing, I bought like a whole box of degreaser cans and then took each part separately, scrubbed with a wire brush and degreaser, and used sand paper where appropriate then sprayed on an engine enamel in aluminum colour or similar

Took forever, but I am happy with the result

oh, and if you do it, replace the gaskets when you put shite back together, I wont be making that mistake again, lol

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Robbo, I wouldn't be using a pressure washer on your paint if you want it to last......
    It kills paintwork.....

Name
    Jason
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah mate, I'm 3/4 through my ze rebuild now and I'm going overboard with replacing gaskets, o rings everything. Ze's are a prick with so many inlet parts being bolted together, it's just asking for a boost leak.
    And the look of your engine is definately an inspiration. Wire brush and degreaser it is for me.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Haha JoJo, don't worry mate, I just prefer it to the hose, it wasn't used particularly close to the paint itself!

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default Long time no speak...

Hey guys, guess what, surprise surprise, getting a new 86 didn’t cure my lack of regular updates...

I have done some progress, although I did have a bit of a break from working on the car and spent some time just driving/enjoying what I had built.

I had some issues with running out of electricity, so I swapped over the alternator and as an extra precaution decided to heat-wrap the exhaust headers:

Also from driving it a bit I noticed an oil leak coming from the gearbox into the bellhousing... lame... anyway, so I pulled it out, decided I would clean up my old adm one and put it in then possibly reseal the JDM one while it was out, but of course I needed to use the JDM bellhousing due to the clutch salve being on the driver’s side:

Note: that’s cleaned, not painted...
    Both boxes:

I know, I know, I didn’t need to clean them, waste of time, etc etc... Keep in mind, I was addressing an oil leak and wanted to know if the thing was still leaking...

While the box was out I decided to change racks to give me more lock as it turns out the GTV manual rack is a 3 turn lock to lock jobby (vice 3.5 turns) that is slightly shorter (less total lock). And while there might be some haters out there I can say there was a massive improvement in steering authority! At the skidpan thingy a while ago I found I was spinning a bit because I was driving the car how I drove the old car and with the shorter rack I simply couldn’t sustain the same angle... I also tried to fit a remote oil filter/cooler kit, but did that without removing the exhaust etc, which meant it leaked, so I removed it for the time being as I didn’t have a new exhaust gasket.

Anyway, it turns out the gearbox leak was coming from the bellhousing seal, so the leak didn’t go away when I changed boxes, but instead got worse... (removing/reinserting shafts etc) And of course I found this out 3 days before the event I had been changing shite over for (driftmob peanut drift night) So, it turned out it was good I had planned to completely reseal the JDM box, because I had ordered a t50 seal kit and it had arrived in time to fix the bellhousing in the time I had left...

Anyway, so I then managed to get work to let me off early on Saturday so I could go to the peanut track and have a go at the sideways thing again... To be honest I was pretty average, but I had a good time, and the car held up pretty well, although I probably need a bit more power to keep my reasonable quality 195s spinning on the back (still running stock boost/motor). Well, actually, I could keep them spinning, but wasn’t getting any bake at all, which makes me sad...

Anyway, pics:

Anyway, so that was good fun, long time till they have another one though, so I have a little time to get a few other things sorted (like that oil cooler). Hopefully next time there might be a few other hachi boys in the field too.

On a completely different note, I no longer live up to my username (not that it was ever popular here anyway ) I sold my Z and bought an Evo 7 to replace it, reasonably stock, with epic low kays, so nice and reliable but also quick.

Current Cars:

Name
    Michael
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

nice car man, evo 7 NICE!!!!!!!!!

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Looking good! Nice to see you fixed the bump strip position

Should get a pulley kit (or sc14)
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast