Timmy D
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

do you want it??
    i really have no need to hold onto all of them
    JJ
    "my mind demands side pipes out of hear, now to command my hands to make them"

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

paper is fast becoming a luxury niche for specialized publications, the internet is now the norm.

I still love a good paper publication.

Banned

i dont really need them but if you wana throw them my way im more than happy to take em

Name
    Akio
    State
    Other
    Country
    Japan

as well as other mags, i normallly read street machine each month.
    this USED to be the bench mark of modified car mags, but over the last 12mths it has gone down hill at a slow steady pace... there are still the odd interesting car featured (the recent green EK holden 2 door coming to mind..) but the rest are all stale and lacking in imagination or flair. they all seem to be a try USDM style crossed with sex spec but with a v8 in there (febs street machine cover car definately fits this bill...)

the same can be said about most 4cyl/turbo mags as well. back when i was at school (over 10 years ago now..) hot 4's was the business.. now any wog and his dog can get his riced up, chrome tempe wheeled, 11ty thousand dollar shtereo in their lancer/pulsar/hooooooooonda/corolla/kia in the 4cyl/turbo mags.

what i feel is lacking in the aussie mags is quality content. no quantity, QUALITY. there a heap of the same cars all painted in similar colours with similar leather interiors all done at only a couple of workshops.
    each time i hear the phrase "nobody has done this before, its a first for australia" i cringe because i can guarantee its been done before. maybe not to the specific car, but almost everything has been done before.

also DIRECTLY copying other styles (USDM/JDM/sec spec etc) is not new and original. certainly being influenced by (in the case of JDM in australia anyway) is perfectly fine, but copying a already well known car but painting it a different colour is not original.

this is what is lacking in australia.
    as has been said before, with the advent of the internets, forums and blogs its much much much much easier to see some really cool cars the world over.

i say we go back to the way it was 10 years ago where the world of car mags and covers was reserved for the ultra elite cars. back in the day if someone got their car in hot4's/fast4's they were king shit (for a while), i say bring that back only feature cars that meet a strict number of high criteria before being eligible.

Banned

Agree totally Adam. i remember wen i bought hot4s years ago and it was harder to get features and u would see a feature car on the road and go wow that was in febs 1998 issue or something like that.

100%hatred for hot4s now.

Ignition dvd had that stupid feature this is never been done before.

like (queer wog accent) "Habib just got his P's and aquired the keys to a new GL mitsubishi lancer and wasnt long till the modifying bug bit. its now deck out with full ice soundwave 15in subs, full custom cream leather interior and 18in all around vault crystals" never has it been done before! HELLO ITS BEEN DONE AND OVER KILLED

Name
    Jamie
    State
    VIC
    Country
    AUS

Really?!

I would like to subscribe to HPI or any other mag that interest me, but I'd read it once and it ends up in a pile.

Although mags are not published online as they want you to buy it not just read it for free, but there are other ways of finding out information about the car you like.

We have car forums and web blogs and the entire internet to search about info on cars...

You'd understand why ppl would not subscribe for that reason.

Like you said, it is good to subscribe to a mag and get it cheaper and your supporting local AUS magazine industry.
    Last edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO); 25th February 2010 at 10:48 AM.

Banned

i dont subscribe because you dont get the doubles or ones u missed out on or the occasional extreme mag. u can also miss out on the free keyring

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

serious question : does 90s sex spec fat pizza hot 4s style even exist anymore? you NEVER see those cars on the road in qld anymore, everyone has moved onto trying to be jdm but only being influenced by the local scene

Name
    Duck
    State
    FRO
    Country
    Greenland

L-O-L
    street_tuna
    Snnnniiiiffffff
    Last edited by Driven_Snow; 30th November 2017 at 12:42 PM.
    Things go better with coke.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7