Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tom's RA65 Coupe

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

so i got the car bailed up in the garage atm. Ive got this spare greddy oil relocator for an r32gtr sitting around. i originally had it fitted to my mk3 turbo A supra but i changed out to a completely different setup for various reasons. Since the car has an oil temp gauge but nowhere to put the probe (car was sold without oil cooler) i thought this would be a really good way to get it working again, and changing the oil filter on this model can at times be a pain in the ass. win win situation.

Satan dog loves to help.

its a pretty nice bit of kit really. glad i found a use for it.

the kit came with earls clamps, same style as what u can see in the pic except they had shiny blue collars. the earls clamps failed pretty quickly when tightened and i stole the collars for the Supra's catch can . so im gunna trust greddy's judgement on that one and continue with the type of clamp that the kit came with (although i have double clamped). no leakages with revving up to 100psi oil pressure in garage so far. but ill be looking for extra security at first sign of trouble.

so thats the final placement. best place that the kits original lines will allow. its really hard to buy jap spec lines around here. the local performance shop just sells American spec stuff which is too small or too large (part of the reason i ditched the kit on the supra).

Oh and marv, can u tell me when the next oil/filter change is due?

thats the oil relocator and filter setup i have on my supra. It goes from one side of the engine to the other and back again via raised section on the underside of the sump. Note the awesome speedflow fittings and pro flow reuseable stainless steel filter on filter magnet
    So just keep in mind the next time ur at a drift meet and someone asks u why ur not out there ripping it up with the other sikunts, don't say "I'm waiting for my coilovers to arrive" or "my gf wont let me drive sideways", u say "I flatspotted my tyres on my HUUUGE 120km/hr entry and if u missed that then ur TOO LATE BIATCH"

性交を愛する
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I did that filter and oil the wends before I did archie, did archie and like... 100kms? So I would change it in 900?. Should be sweet for semi next change.

Temps were about that.

sliding/ a bit of thrashing they would both see around 80, 90. The oil cooler I had has a valve in it which opens depending on temps, as it was made for a rotary, it probably didn't open much.

I really don't know why I bought them K&N filters, the nut on them are shit. Did you have fun getting it off?

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

yeah ill have a look at penrite's semi syn and see what i like for next change. gunna be running penrite in supra also. totally should get sponsorship :p yeah the nut on the top of that thing was an absolute fail. was considering harpooning the bitch with a screwdriver but cbf going to buy new one so i managed to get a set of those vice grip things onto it. worked a treat, 1/16 a turn at a time. cant wait to get this rig back out to archie. having $$$ issues atm tho. hows mira? running okay now?
    So just keep in mind the next time ur at a drift meet and someone asks u why ur not out there ripping it up with the other sikunts, don't say "I'm waiting for my coilovers to arrive" or "my gf wont let me drive sideways", u say "I flatspotted my tyres on my HUUUGE 120km/hr entry and if u missed that then ur TOO LATE BIATCH"

性交を愛する
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, as per thread, seems to be sweet.

Let me know when you are going to archie.

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

Hey look guys. the white coupe is famous!!!

Its the cover of my well loved haynes manual for rwd model celicas. way cool

性交を愛する
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

How is this doing?

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

Yo marv. Yeah lowdown is doing awesome. Although it hasn't really been out of the yard due to its crime status. I turn it over once every couple of days, tho the battery keeps going flat, i think it might be shorting on something??? Ive been spending all my time and money getting turbo A working (will do epic build thread soonz) just need some extra time and cash to take the coupe out to archie a few more times. Would be good to get out there tho, its soo much fun. Wouldnt mind catching up also. some mates might pay for archie and other expenses so they can come to and ride with. Got the Turbo A running on thursday night! Getting roadie and modplate on monday. drove it up and down driveway a few dozen times. hit boost once. was brutal. virgin turbo win! Heat wrapping makes me feel like a pincushion tho. oil pressure and air fuel ratios look good so far. lets see if i can get more than 40km out of this rebuild :p

Name
    Ian
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

is that the manual with all the RWD celicas? or just the RA6x models? the latter is more in depth. i have a copy floating around at home in cairns.

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

its just the one for all the rwd celicas i didnt know there was an ra6x specific one. sounds awesome i should get me a copy

性交を愛する
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I think it's just a shitty battery which doesn't hold charge. I had to jump start it a few times when it wasn't on the road and was sitting around.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast