Thread: Tom's RA65 Coupe

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

Default Tom's RA65 Coupe

Hey guys I'm Tom or Heafy to some. Im pretty new to this forum. I joined when i saw Marv's ra65 coupe for sale a little while back. I ended up buying it off him after it got defected etc. I plan on running the car as Marv created it for a while, whilst adding to it etc. with a possible re-shell down the track.

Sussy:

Standard s13 shocks, Apexi Springs 8/9kgmm, Camber tops, on front
    S13 Brakes, R32 Lines, s13 stub axle,
    Sigma Boxed LCA's,
    AE86 'extra lock' rack ends,
    Cusco Strut brace,
    koni yellow adjustable shocks with cut ford falcon king springs in rear,
    Disk rear end conversion,
    14x8 -10 with RE001,
    2 x Random 14x7 burners on rear

Inside:
    Fixed Back Bride,
    Nardi,
    AJPS Handbrake Button,
    Speco Oil and water temp and oil pressure gauges,

Outside:
    awesome stickers and weatherstrips.

Engine + Drive line
    22RE, No emissions and EGR,
    Cam, 268°, .425" lift,
    Uprated springs,
    Nitrided valves,
    Ported,
    Decked block and head,
    Fully rebuilt bottom end, steel drivers side chain guide rail,
    Greddy oil filter relocator kit.
    Buddy Club water temperature adapter,
    Exedy Heavy Duty Cushion Button clutch,
    Lukey Extractors,
    2 1/4 with hi flow muffler. no cat.
    4.11 Auto Cressida diff, Locked.

here are some piccies of car before it got re-shelled and became the above mentioned

Straight to archie from purchase

easy does it. car is soooo looowwwww

excellent side pic

racing gunnnzzzzz :p time to get on the track and drive this beast (first time driving this car.... or drifting for that matter)

One of Marv's mates that i had met somewhere previously. Sorry im bad with names, Simon? mogrish? the dude with the chaser wagon and sweet 1jz powered ra65 coupe! anyway he gave me pointers and came with for fist few laps. after a few drive arounds and a tutorial this was the result! Awesome fun.

action pic

end of a good night. stopped at the servo for foods. Thats ben smack talking about something on the bonnet. he plans to get a ke70 or something similar soon to start drifting also.

So that was pretty awesome fun. good purchase methinks. And many thanks to Marv for being patient and honest through the whole process even with my sometimes retarded questions and constant txt messages. Will post again soon with details and pics on the oil filter relocater i fitted the following day.
    Last edited by Beefy_Heafy; 23rd May 2011 at 06:25 PM.
    So just keep in mind the next time ur at a drift meet and someone asks u why ur not out there ripping it up with the other sikunts, don't say "I'm waiting for my coilovers to arrive" or "my gf wont let me drive sideways", u say "I flatspotted my tyres on my HUUUGE 120km/hr entry and if u missed that then ur TOO LATE BIATCH"

Name
    Brandon
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

marvs car in tbar ha, wat part of toowoomba u from?

Name
    Luke
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

cool , so you getting the defect cleared?

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

hey 15lide, im in toowoomba but just out of town towards hifeilds area. chances are ive seen or met u somewhere if ur in tbar. it can be a small place sometimes. Car was sold without rego due to defect and i just have to go thru regular process of roadworthy and then rego if i want to drive it on the road. which i may or may not do. its a not at this point tho. but i am seeing the benifit of not having to buy a car trailer to go to and from archie. so i dunno. we shall see what time and money permits as weeks move on
    Last edited by Beefy_Heafy; 29th January 2010 at 11:55 PM.
    So just keep in mind the next time ur at a drift meet and someone asks u why ur not out there ripping it up with the other sikunts, don't say "I'm waiting for my coilovers to arrive" or "my gf wont let me drive sideways", u say "I flatspotted my tyres on my HUUUGE 120km/hr entry and if u missed that then ur TOO LATE BIATCH"

Name
    Dave
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

hey tom its very simple to replace the gas shocks inside the struts. Once the springs are off you can take the shocks out by undoing the gland nut. Nice purchase

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

thanks dave! that makes it all seem pretty simple. now if only i can find somone in town who will rebuild them. any of u tbar peeps know?

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

^ I think that's incorrect. He might be thinking about struts which have been converted.

LOL Morgish! He hates me so much.. And everyone really.

That would be simon mercer you are talking about. The 1j celica is a hatch

What temps does it run at without the cooler?

Good to see this has gone to a good home.

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Also, LOL at the TOM'S sticker on the back It only just clicked.

Name
    Brodie
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

new coilovers would be easiest option. probly see you around toowoomba if you ever register it. if you need a hand with any suspension stuff give me a yell. i work at Topp Steer 10 Donation lane. across from butlers toyota.

goodluck with it mate

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

Yeah the tom's stickers make it super awesome, good call marv. my old man pointed that out also. It was running around the 60degree mark at archie, which is pretty cool. and once i got the oil temp hooked up and was revving it in garage i couldnt hardly get it over 50 on the water temp and the oil temp starts at 50 so no luck there either. any different to how it was for u?
    And thanks for the tips on the coilover situation guys. 45kids Ive got tomorrow (Sunday) free until about 12ish when i have to get rdy for work if u wanna have a look. there is a nut i just cant get undone on the left front coilover. i bent my breaker bar on it.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast