Name
    Dallas
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default GZE not making boost

HI all,

As the title says, I have a 4agze, Its in a Ke55, I'm running a FMIC, Microtech ECU, and the Pulley is hooked up to a switch, via a relay and I have completed the ABV Mod. When the motor was out of the car, I played with the SC and it sucked and pushed air through.

When I start the engine the Boost gauge runs at 20 In.Hg. When I flick the switch you can see the Clutch pop in, it spins faster BUT when you rev it, the gauge doesn't move.

I've disconneded the Gauge and blown air through, and it shows pressure. The Silicone bends and clamps are new and tight.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Name
    Matt
    State
    South Island
    Country
    New Zealand

You wont get it to show boost without driving it,
    as boost only comes withy load and you cant load it up enough without driving.

Name
    Timmy D
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

the way the ze computer works is it reads the amount of vacuum in the manifold once this reaches a set point ( the number i have in my head -0.8 psi- can any one verify?) the super charger engages. its at this point that the motor is neading the forced induction.

obviously you are running a switch to engage the sc full time, does any one know that if you wanted to keep this function and run a after market ecu can you keep the toyota ecu just to run the sc cut in and out and use the other one to control fuel spark ect?

I was able to drive my car all the way to work with out the sc engaging this is about a little bit over 1/4 of the accelerator pedal easing it on. i installed a boost gauge and played around with the way i drove just to see how the sc reacted. punch the pedal to the floor 12psi (woo hoo!) i was also able to take off so that the sc would engage but then rev it all the way to 7500 slowley with out it showing any boost at all, while doing this a slight squeze of the pedal would bring it up to 4-5 psi.

what im trying to say is at idle the motor is not haveing to do enough work for the boost to show it. nothing to worry about. drive the car and you will probely find everything is fine
    JJ
    "my mind demands side pipes out of hear, now to command my hands to make them"