Thread: My current build.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default AE71 + 20v + LSD + Koni + Quaife + Adaptronic = fun times

Just getting another 20v into ae71 on the road. trying to do it neater and better than before, taking the time to make things nice.

Engine/Driveline.

Ae101 Silvertop
    1zz fe coil on plug ignition
    Ae111 flywheel
    New NPC HD Organic 212mm clutch with modified exedy pressure plate
    Adaptronic e420c
    Alloy Dissy cover
    Samq rear water fitting.
    New AE71 copper brass radiator with custom adapter shroud to adapt an sv21 thermofan
    4-2-1 jap headers, into 100 cell cat and 2 inch press bent exhaust, very quiet. Single resonator and single muffler.
    ADM t50 with jdm bellhousing, speedo drive and rebuilt slave cylinder
    Cusco engine and gearbox mounts on powdercoated crossmembers
    JDM T series diff with discs and TRD 2 way with 4.3s. Fresh stock brakes.
    JDM AE86 tailshaft
    TTT short shifter
    TTT waterpump underdrive pulley
    TTT single row crank pulley
    TTT velocity stacks
    Uni Filters
    New cam, crank and main seals and gates timing belt/tensioner and jap fwd waterpump.
    New gearbox seals and gasket to bell-housing

Suspension
    TTT Wilwood 11 inch brakes
    Custom coilovers on AE86 struts with approximately 6kg springs and koni yellow sport adjustable st185 dampers
    TTT Rcas
    XT130 lcas
    Stock front sway-bar with Nolathane bushings
    Whiteline adjustable panhard rod
    Whiteline adjustable rear upper trailing arms, Nolathane type bushes.
    Stock rear sway-bar on stock sloppy bushings to give maximum looseness.
    Rear uncut ultralow kings springs
    Koni Yellow adjustable rear shocks
    Quaife Rack and pinion steering
    Jap AE86 fuel tank with walbro intank pump and modified RT142 style filler, looks stock
    Recaro seats for driver and passenger on stock ke70 rails
    Full interior with all sound deadening and a back seat too.

Exterior
    Kamei Lip from a bug eye mazda 323. 135mm clearance from the road.
    15x8 Southernways, slightly split offset. -8 front, -6 rears.
    Tow bar with the tongue cut off and powdercoated to protect the fuel cell from rearward impacts.

I've sandblasted it back to bare metal at the front in the bay and all around.

Then painted with acrylic in the stock colour, and it matches quite well to the rest of the car. Peak white ftw haha.

The brown front panels are mint and will be painted to match as the car is assembled.

Heres a few shots of what Im up to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After 1.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	8501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lip 2.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	8502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bare metal 2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	8503   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bare metal 6.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	8504   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00051.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	8505  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	front view.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	8506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	assistant.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	8507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box shot.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	8508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ta dah.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	8509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sitting in there.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	8510  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	booster.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	8511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crossmember.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	8512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear view.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	8513  
    Last edited by LittleRedSpirit; 2nd April 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Bad Email Address

engine bay looks mint dude.. great stuff

Name
    Daniel
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i like the one with the 2.4 conversion... show us that one.

Name
    Davey & Riki-lee
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

i like it very nice mate
    R&D Mechanical, Seaford SA - please visit www.rdmechanicalshop.com
    Our introduction - Click here

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

sounds like a great car im gonna build one this year. quite a different set up but id have to admit my ke70 was the funnest car ive ever owned.
    78's

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks alot fellas, ive been doing a bit more on it each day.

I can reccomend to anyone who wants a tidy car to buy a sandblaster. No more skinned knuckles trying to sand in funny spots. No more surface rust or corrosion, and perfect paint adhesion. mine was only $158 and works so well I dont know how I ever did without it.

Might try and work out how Im doing the heater connections tonight. im going to use a fixed position idle control tap, just a bit more closed that what the electronic one defaults to so it will idle at around 1000rpm i hope, instead of 1600 rpm where it used to idle.

Name
    Rob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

sick dude, always liked your tidy approach

http://shirtstuckedin.com/
    my corolla
    Bosman Wholesale Tyres
    3274 5374 - Roy

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

is the rear on jacks in that picture or what haha

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

One to watch.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the comments. Yes the rear was on jacks.

Its now off jacks and running some properly wound rear springs. Its had the ae86 dif fitted, and the jdm tank with a new walbro pump inside and a shortened RT142 filler neck that I had bent at the exhaust shop. Also got silvertop throttles fitted now so Ill see how that goes. Hopefully even batter than the ae111 throttles since the ports match better now. I still need to source trumpets for them.

Been having some wiring issues both with the engine loom and the underdash and body looms.

Anthony Kellam made such a ham fisted amateur job of doing the engine loom. The problems Ive noticed so far include:
    - Secondhand wires used to connect accessories. Hes actually used wire that has had those crimp thru tap connectors removed so its got split insulation and some of the copper is broken. Ansolute crap when you charge someone 600 dollars to wire a car.
    - Hes shared the one power feed for Coils, Igniters, and the ecu power, which was only a 7.5 amp wire. I tried for 3 months to make my adaptronic vidigauge work and it never worked right, all the sensor signals were all over the place and I couldnt figure out why. Now I know, all the interferance caused by sharing the power feeds. I think someone wjho was a qualified Auto electrician (which Anthony is not) would have known to seperate them and then to use the appropriate sizes wire, especially for the coil. I mean thats just absolute laziness. I think he did these things just because he doesnt know any better and because hes happy to rip people off if he thinks they will never learn enough about wiring to find his lazy and low quality work.
    - He was instructed to wire the ignition in full sequential since it is possible with the e420c and I wanted to make use of as much of its functions as my motor could handle. Anthony to this day promises me its wired full sequential, but its actually not running full sequential. There are a few ways to know this, ecu settings give it away, Also there physically isnt enough wires in the loom to have even done this. There is no safety circuit and that means its not in full sequential.

Dont use Kaizen garage for anything.

In an interesting turn of fate, Anthony has closed his only acutal business entity some time ago. All the people he has traded with since, if you havent got a receipt, hes just pocketed the cash off the books, despite still attempting to promote his actual business which doesnt exist. His actual business was called HMS automotive. Kaizen garage is a made up name that he promotes to make people like I was (new to the scene) think he actually has a decent business and is a professional. If he were smart hed know that selling all these new and used parts and promoting yourself as a business, then doing all your trade in cash is going to get you royally screwed eventually. Not a smart move.

Also, Anthony Kellam cannot tune. He told me gets 20 valves running awesome and that his base map was so good it wouldnt need long on the dyno to sort it out. He killed my motor when he tuned it and has refused multiple times to replace it. It was so rich up to 3000 rpm it was pumping fuel into the oil and degrading it, then at around 4000 revs it dropped air fuel ratio to 15:1. Thats where it sat at highway cruise speed, so thats where it did most of its miles, so its no wonder he killed it. Again he took advantage of me trusting this assumed "business person" when I was starting out and it cost me a motor.

He even had the smoothing turned on on the dyno chart and it still showed 15:1 so theres no telling how lean it actually was. I should point out that Anthony is passing himself off as a tuner when he is completely untrained, not even a decent course under his belt. He has chosen to practice tuning by taking money from people and telling them he can do it, then trying to get dyno time with a more qualified tuner looking over his shoulder and holding his hand. Obviously there are some incredible courses out there to do to learn the ropes but he hasnt done that.

The MTAQ has no record of Anthony Kellam/Kaizen/HMS automotive or anything else linked to him. This means he is not licensed to do any of the things he takes money for.

He is not a qualified auto electrician.

He is not licensed as a wrecker to strip cars and sell secnd hand parts. As such if you fit a part he sells to your car and it fails and you are harmed, you couldnt get any help with your injuries since he is completely uninsured.

He doesnt even have a business currently trading and therefore I cannot see him paying any tax on all the things he sells.

He has moved workshops 4 times in the 3 years I have known him.

What kind of a picture does this paint?

Oh almost forgot to mention, he has also been attempting fabrication and diff mods. From all reports he has no idea how to weld. Even his good friends told me he stuffed up a few diffs and got mounts in bad places and rotated around the diff in relation to their twin. I know for a fact that he welds alloy parts even worse as he made ma a modified cooling fitting for my head that had the welds just fall out and water spray everywhere.

So please dont be like me and pay him 3 grand for a bunch of junk and a bad tune. Hes completely untrained, unqualified and unlicensed.

If you have hired Anthony Kellam to do a loom for your motor and its supposed to be full sequential, I urge you to check and see if it is. It probably wont be. Check your ecu settings. Then contact Anthony for a full refund. If hes not in prison for tax evasion.
    Last edited by LittleRedSpirit; 8th March 2010 at 03:39 PM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast