Tally
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default Tally's JDM KE25 Build Up Round 2

Hey Guys

As I'm not making AJD I thought I might as-well put up a thread

Have been a bit absent from the scene last year or so, sold my KE70 mid 09, bought a T18, sold that, bought a 5K KE70, swapped that for nickyboys KE30, sold that to greenmac80 and now driving a 95 Hiace haha.

So quick summary of the history of my KE25:
    Here is a link to my old thread when I first got it:

Anyways that's all in the past, 2 years on and after being Patient and saving money and buying/collecting bits and pieces I finally found the time to fix it up properly.

Told dad get your Karmen Ghia out the shed. He was more then happy to re-live his days of fixing cars, HQ Monaro's, VW's, RT140 Coronas (he bought and sold) and RA28 Celica's etc etc.

So basically got it in the shed, stripped the front end as that needed the most attention. Dad got me sanding so I had started sanding the car down.
    This made me become familiar with the car and find all the spots that needed attention.
    Had been in a previous accident (looks like kangaroo) and the front passenger radiator support was mangled. It had been repaired but very poorly done.

So we got it as best as we could, thanks to ke30dude for the replacement panel off his KE20, was a bit different but everything lines up so can't complain.

After we had done that. I cleaned it all up as best as I could, grinded back the welds, put couple skims of bog in the engine bay, removed battery tray, did a lot of panel beating, shaped everything best I could.
    Then prepped engine bay and sprayed some Hi-fill primer to fill in all the slight low spots etc
    Dad found me some body deadner he used to use, in the shed, tested it and it was still good so did inside the front wheel wells. Looks a lot better.

Then after some minor repairs and rust treatment on the body we got it looking pretty straight. After the hard work of sanding and feathering in all the bear metal patches we got the compressor and hit it with its first stage of Hi-fill primer and guide coat.

Then blocked it back sometime later and hit it with another coat of fresh Hi-fill primer and guide coat yesterday night.
    So this is what I am up to at the moment.
    At this rate ill have it painted in the next month or so.

We have started repairing my front apron, guards and bonnet, all of which have minimal rust and are pretty straight already... must have been replaced at some stage in the 80s lol

ok so here are my plans:

Make/Model:
    1974 Toyota KE25 Corolla 1200 Coupe Deluxe

Exterior:
    Will be painting an original colour (none of this fancy crap), undecided but might paint same colour or white. Need paint code as I'm not sure if this is D3??? It looks a lot more yellowy and D3 looks more darker
    JDM Fender Mirrors
    14" SSR MK2s with gold centers are the wheels I'm going to get for it

Engine:
    Will be doing an engine conversion later on down the track (one thing at a time)
    For time being have a 4K with K50 for cruising

Brakes and Suspension:
    ADM AE86 Struts and Brakes with yet to be decided brake master cylinder upgrade
    Will work out aftermarket springs and shocks later on
    Have Brand New PS Arms
    All new utherane bushes thanks to Pedders prospect! Top guys!
    All new idler arm, pitman arm, tie rods and ball-joints
    Fully powder coated LCA's, swaybar, x-member, castor rods, sump guard etc etc
    Also will upgrade my leaf springs to match the front upgrade

Interior:
    Completely original apart from Nardi steering wheel and JDM Tacho Dash Cluster

so there you have it. any input would be great

Want to give a big THANKS to the following people: SLO-030, greenmac80, ke30dude, RA28 Mustang, sliesh, madmax7, Ae71Rola, 13BT_KE20, and Dave at AJPS for helping me with parts so far
    Last edited by Tally; 7th March 2010 at 03:34 AM.
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR KE25 COROLLA PARTS

Name
    Dave
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

awesome mate keep up the gd work. Mk2 will look win on this dumped

Name
    Ben
    State
    S.A
    Country
    Australia

I have one of these sitting in my shed there a awesome car nice work mate cant wait to see more.

Hachiroku AE86 Masters Club S.A since 1998

Name
    Timmy D
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

love the shape of these very rx3ish

i vote "fancy crap" colour!!
    JJ
    "my mind demands side pipes out of hear, now to command my hands to make them"

Name
    Rich
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

nice progress man, another 25 up in this bitch.. i vote for keeping it bamboo

with your 86 strut conversion what lca/ball joint you going to run?? ( im having this dillema now) cause the std one is way to small for the 86 steering arms and the hole in the lca is too small for a ke/ae ball joint..

you dont have a spare front drivers side guard do you??

Name
    John
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Tally I would paint it white and run flares with some decent offset wheels, white easy to paint and body isnt as critical and that bamboo colour IMHO is horrid. Decent offset wheels and flares give the rolla a menacing stance.

Go a high apacity for added visual impact

Tally if your interested my brother will be selling his 20v drivetrain out of his

IP car package to suit a ke20-25. It consists of 4age20v S/T dynoed at 110kw, comes with trumpets ,trd copy extractors, extreme lightened flywhee land clutch. T50 gearbox. K series lsd with disc brake conversion. Its all bolt in mate and will make your car a very quick little streeter. Similar
    performance to a ss commodore in a straightline. PM me if your interested.
    Last edited by charged; 24th February 2010 at 08:44 AM.
    John
    IPRA KE25 Corolla S.A #25
    www.sharperto.com.au

Name
    Chris
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Bamboo brown is a kind word to say there John... when i was growing up we had a KE35 in that colour and i always used to call it "baby poo brown".... i think i was 5

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Needs 2TG for period correct rorty-sporty times.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Tally
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

yea pretty keen on keeping it the same colour.
    Don't want fancy candy gay colours they been painting all the old school rotaz that been coming out of Sydney lately. Keeping it a solid colour...

Basically im using standard LCA for now, might go longer later on, standard balljoint but im using taper adapters that I got from Techno Toy Tuning (T3) in California USA.

charged, not going flares, they look good but not my style, I like the smooth body lines it has...
    That engine package is wild, will keep it in mind, need to get the body work out of the way first.

Would love a 2TG but they are getting old, parts arnt as easy to find and night as well just go 4age as its basically an upgrade...

see what happens, thanks for the kind words
    Last edited by Tally; 10th March 2010 at 07:52 PM.
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR KE25 COROLLA PARTS

Name
    lewis
    State
    SA
    Country
    australia

bamboo is a sweet colour!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast