We are currently building a new drift car which we are hoping will be complete for Round 2 of the Tasmanian Drift Series on May 22nd at Symmons Plains Raceway.
This is what we have planned for the car:
- 1UZ-FE 4L quad cam V8
- Extra stock throttle body on the other side of the plenum
- Haltech Platinum Sport 2000
- Strip loom of unnecessary stuff and add extra wires added for full sequential injection
- Custom headers with 2.25” outlets merging into a 3” exhaust system
- Castlemaine Rod Shop flywheel and bellhousing
- Xtreme button clutch
- R154 gearbox
- Custom tailshaft
- Early model Hilux diff with locked centre
- Sound deadener removed
- Firewall and steering column mount modified to get engine as far back as possible without major modifications
- Seam welding and bracing in high-stress areas
- Relatively simple CAMS approved full weld-in roll cage with single side-intrusion bars. We want to keep the weight down rather than get the car ridiculously rigid.
- Cut out and box up upper equal length 4 link mounts and brace well
- Rear doors welded in and shaved
- All door handles and locks shaved
- Plexiglass windows (or whatever it’s called)
- S13 crossmember moved 30mm forward compared to where holes usually line up for more caster without wrecking inner LCA bushes and no chance of binding due to the steering rack coming forward
- S13 steering rack with power steering
- S13 lower control arms
- Inner LCA pivots on crossmember re-drilled 30mm higher
- Caster rod inner pivots on caster rod brackets moved 20mm higher
- D-Project solid steering rack bushes
- TuneAgent tie rods and tie rod ends
- BC Racing S14 front coilovers with 7kg/mm springs
- S14 knuckles and hubs (5 stud)
- Knuckles modified
- Modified strut tower tops to position strut tops further backwards and out
- SuperPro inner LCA bushes and caster rod bushes
- Custom Whiteline front swaybar (haven’t decided thickness yet)
- BC Racing AE86 rear setup with 4.5kg/mm springs
- Equal length 4 links with SuperPro bushes
- Techno Toy Tuning panhard rod
- Move panhard rod pivot down on diff
- Make up and weld on “traction brackets” to diff to correct squat
- Stock swaybar with SuperPro link and D bushes
- Brake booster removed
- Pedal modified and brake master cylinder mounted higher to increase pedal ratio
- We have multiple different sized master cylinders which will be tried until we get the right pedal feel
- S14 front brakes
- Hilux rear drum brakes (locks up well with handbrake compared to disks)
- Driver-adjustable brake bias
Front - On the lookout for front wheels in 15x8.5 between +25 and +30 and in 5x114.3
Rear – 15x10 -25 black sunraysias
Last edited by bradsm87; 25th February 2010 at 10:00 AM.
this looks like it will be fun haha
you play halo?
add me GT: samnbhnc
This needs a M90.
Looking forward to seeing this completed!
looks good dude will be watchin
Yeh he'll just put it in for now with the aftermarket ECU and twin throttles until funds allow for a bit of a build-up. Hopefully down the track 11.5:1 pistons, 272 cams and individual throttles with long runners coming out of the bonnet for each bank.
MY AE86 BUILD