Page 19 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Updates

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

ah weak.. got it nissan powered up and still wont drive
    Owner built and tuned 9000rpm 402kw atw 3sGTE - AE86

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    4ages are for the scared

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

turbo moves more air yeah? more air for more shit talking

less smack more skids

Name
    ed
    State
    tas
    Country
    australia

^^ what?
    NEAR MISS

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

keto has dirty turbo nissan motor yeah? how many turbo buses are around that are NOT going... lol

lots of cars sitting in shed and not on track doing skids.... is my point lmao

Name
    Josh
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I've doing a bit more work on my KE, swapping my EFI gear for some webers, going to run them on the motor until the wise old man has made a manifold for the R1 carbs.

While putting the interior back together and decided to order some new moulded carpet from Knox carpet in Melb. Trying to rid of all the brown interior, its woeful to look at.

Who wants to knock up some seat rails for me?

Looking forward to being able to drive the old thing again, it's been a while.

Name
    ed
    State
    tas
    Country
    australia

can help with seat rails, it's suchh a shit job, but we'll get her, grab yourself the material you want it made out of and a seat you want it mounted to and we'll bounce from there
    NEAR MISS

Name
    Kieran
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

yeah seat mounts suck to do lol

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

lol thats why im employing your skills to do mine motor should be running 2mo night..
    Owner built and tuned 9000rpm 402kw atw 3sGTE - AE86

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    4ages are for the scared

Senior Member Medwin_3sGTE_AE86's Avatar
    Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Update for me, attended the NWCC Smithton Kart Club Lap Dash on Saturday. Had a ball of a time, rogers the drive up would have been well worth it! All you sliders out there, make the effort next year - tight, flowing, narrow kart track perfect for honing skills i'd say.

After having a trip to emergency on friday night (angle grinders do not feel pain, they do however require no effort to remove the end of your thumb, the bone in mine is now 2mm shorter) I was going with only the intentions of circulating and seeing how the car was handling after a few minor tweaks during the week. Needless to say I was surprised to come in after the 1st round sitting in 3rd place overall, behind 2x Evos. The battle royal continued between the old man and I, with each run bettering the other's time. Took off in my 3rd session, managed to snap someone else's weld on my gear lever (originally thought it was my weld, but alas found that the stick had been welded further down by someone other than me, my join was still intact) and pulled up with the car in neutral. In my efforts to use the 15mm of lever to get the car into gear, managed to slice my other thumb, which too required stitches... Limped back to pits, medicos fixed my hand and I went out with the car stuck in second gear, recording faster times in both my 3rd and then 4th round attempts. Ended up 5th overall (out of 42) behind only 2x Evos, Chris Stringer in his MR2 and an RX7. Needless to say, very happy with my result considering I had no thumbs to use and only 2nd gear.

Again, Tim Auty, driving the wheels off his evo taking out overall honours, however Chris Stringer finishing only 1.5sec behind Tim over the 2 laps is an unreal effort for a non-4wd car. The closely contested Female class proved to be popular also, with a number of the ladies finishing well up the results, including a couple beating a burnie skyline driver (no names, no names!!!). A good mate of mine would have taken out the best presented had he have left the beaded seat covers on his Auto 200B, and also would have taken out the "Furthest Distance Travelled On 2 Wheels" award, had there have been one!

Anyway, a couple of pics and short vids the missus grabbed on my camera.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180143.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	2992   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180145.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	2993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180146.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	2994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180150.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	2995  

Name
    ed
    State
    tas
    Country
    australia

congrats!
    driving without opposable thumbs would be hard
    NEAR MISS

Page 19 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast