Source:

TOP Gear Australia presenter Charlie Cox is leaving the SBS show to return to Britain.
He will be replaced by jazz musician and former car show host next year, SBS announced.

Cox, who presented the first series with and Warren Brown, said he couldn't give enough time to the show due to business commitments.

"My time on Top Gear Australia was very special and it was a fantastic opportunity to be part of launching an extraordinary series," Cox said.

"Sadly, though, I've lived in the UK for the past 19 years and I'm not able to give the time I want to series two.

"It seems best to leave the show and I wish James all the best in joining the two best blokes in Australian television, and Steve Pizzati."

Top Gear Australia, the first original version outside Britain, premiered in September with mediocre ratings.

Morrison, a legendary trumpeter and former Behind The Wheel host, said he was "thrilled" to be joining the team.

"I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet ... but I think series two is going to be bigger and better than ever. I just hope some of the challenges include playing a chorus of the blues," he said.

SBS wished Cox well and welcomed Morrison aboard.

"James brings with him a deep love of cars, a huge personality and a strong sense of fun - a perfect complement to Warren and Steve," SBS content director Matt Campbell said.