Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: First Car suggestions? (levin/trueno)

Name
    Mahir
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default First Car suggestions? (levin/trueno)

Ok, basically i wasn't allowed to purchase the levin i looked at in january this year because mum had a sook it was toooooo early (since i get my p's early 2011..) however i want it this early to learn, work, and have the car ready since im looking for something pretty stock and will probably only accept an engine conversion but nothing else.. depends..
    I was looking at levins however my love for trueno is back and was thinking if i spend another few thousand i should be right to own a trueno as my first..
    What do you guys suggest? will it be too hard for me to handle or manage a trueno as my first.. too expensive, perfect?
    Leave me idea's also please throw a rough estimate on how much im looking to spend on buying a trueno that is in good condition inside/out, and best places to start looking ( im in Melbourne, wont travel out of state. )
    Thinking of buying one mid year so wanna start looking now!
    Cheers

Name
    Todd
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

realistically you will not find a genuine trueno for under 10k.
    a 4age converted ADM levin will set you back 5-6 for a decent example.
    a 4age JDM genuine levin is in much the same price bracket as the trueno.

although your signature mentions you want: no rust, no cracked dash, and prefferably white with good paint.

honestly, i cant see you getting a 4age converted adm levin with good paint, no rust and neat interior for under 7 or 8k depending on other mods.
    do some research intially as to what your state allows you as a P plater to own legally, and then decide on a budget.

budget budget budget.

unfortunately it is the thing that cuts down so many young kids dreams of ever owning an ae86.
    and hell, if its your first car, get a ke70. learn to drive it. dont worry about crashing and having a huge repair bill. it makes life alot more comfortable.

Name
    Mahir
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

not planning on drifting so wouldnt mind a ae86 first, then will get a "learn 2 drift car" when money goes up... i inspected a levin adm stock with 4ac for 5k no rust, no crack, if only mum let me buy man! do you recommend any other sites other than this and hachi and carsaleS?
    state allows no turbo so 4-age only

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

buy an ae71.
    you should be able to find a decent one for half the price of a similar ADM ae86.
    Assuming you don't crash it before you get off you P's, you can do all the same shit to it that you can do to an ae86, plus you can actually find them still with the old granny driving it and well looked after, whereas any ae86 you can find will have been "tuned" by someone. And that someone may have been a raging spastic!
    Launceston = Home of the surprise sodomist!!

Name
    Mahir
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

thats why i thought if it was still stock engine even if its been 'raged' i will convert to make sure its un-raged

Name
    Todd
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

i didnt say learn to drift, i said learn to drive

do exactly what cerby says.

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

welcome to the forums mate.

unfortunately no real point asking questions like this.

just read this entire site, read peoples members rides, read the for sale threads. then you will know what people do to cars and how much stuff costs.

if you dont intend on modifying it to much, then an ae86 is only an 80's corolla, appart from panels and interious, you can get just about any replacement part cheap as (within reason, and if you know where to look)

ae86's are about as simple as it gets mechanically, so long as you can swing some spanners you'll have no trouble working on them.

if your serious about getting a clean ae86, consider importing your own. theres some bloke over at hachiroku.com that had a stack of imported ae86's, some real nice ones. but be prepared to spend 12k or so getting one shipped and registered, but if your lucky you will get some nice goodies as well as a real clean car.
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Name
    Mahir
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

haha ae71 are ke70 look alikes, fkn disgusting! iono man depends on how much dad gives me to put on my savings i thing ill decide then levin or trueno, but where are places i can look @ trueno's? any importers that usually have any in stock - melbourne?

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

THATS SIG MATERIAL THERE!!!

Unless your in Tas you will probably have trouble with the police if you convert an ADM 4ac car to any 4AGE. And you might have trouble finding another 4ac that hasn't been caned or has high kms.

Also BITE ME!! Some people prefer ae71/ke70s to ae86s. I have owned both and in my opinion the ae71 handled better when it was stock and handles REALLY well now i've got the swaybars and coilovers in it.
    And i know this will make some fanboys cry but i prefer the look of a slammed rolla sedan to an ae86.

check out these threads and tell me they aren't sexy as fuck!!

Last edited by Cerby86; 7th March 2010 at 01:21 AM.
    Launceston = Home of the surprise sodomist!!

Name
    Luke
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I own an adm levin , when i purchased it , it had a 4age and the body had very very little rust and no interior ( though it came with most of it) i swapped it for my datto 1600 so it roughly made it around the 6 grand mark , to get what your after for this price is sorta hard , if you dont mind me asking , roughly how much do you have to spend?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast