Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: DA Fucked again...

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

well we have a problem here in vic at the moment, maybe you can take the time to sign up to this site and support the movement and get your friends to aswell

(says drag strip but will include driver training course/skid pan, circuit/drift track and more aswell)

Name
    Nick
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

the only way i see drifting getting better is when there are some more tracks and track owners who dont treat drifters like shit, once the Adelaide Motorplex and Buddy Parts tracks are built drifting in SA will be so much better

the old DA wont work with what we have now

you would have to try pretty hard to kill yourself or someone else while street drifting

someone doing some skids in the middle of no where at 2am is far from fucking it up for the rest of you, the government and media are the ones that are doing that, making it look like "hoons" cause all the deaths on our roads and saying that building them a track would only make it worse

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Thats the thing my friend, when you do try too hard for the street. It's the unpredictability of the street. thats the benefit of the track, its constant with the only surprise sand on the track and maybe someone spinning in front of you.
    I agree you can limit the variables, but your own arrogance will be what gets you in the end, not you, all of us.
    And your not fucking it up for the rest of us if you keep your mouth shut, and don't put videos up for the world to see.
    Plus most of the Aus street drift vids are not good at all and not worth the down load and time to watch them lol.
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Todd
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

then why did you post in the thread with your attitude?

leave it to people who actually have a care for the promotion of drifting within australia. who knows, benefactors may even see the potential the sport has and offer to put money in to build you more tracks?
    will save you racking up those defects you so strongly dislike.

i hardly see why DA was seen by a bad thing from some people. you get 'bogans' at every public event in australia, especially those allied with motor sports.
    Last edited by Todd; 14th March 2010 at 03:02 PM.

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i think - DA Ruined drift in Aus - to much of a corporation type vibe, to much cash, to money hungry, entry fees's were just about unachievable, spectator entry was a rip, their was literaly zero entertainment value and i say this for on track and off track... and it all just bit them in the keister.
    Drift gets a bad name from how its percieved from the public eye, the mis-informed see it as just burnouts and "hoons" and "bogans" and drifting on the street is just stupid really, although maybe fun , its in the public eye, and they dont like it.

NSW needs a drift orientated circuit!...guys have faith... it will happen.. and closer to most of you then you think!
    anyone have a suggestion on the best way to get a list of the guys/girls in the community that would support such a project?

Name
    Ethan
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

DA or no DA
    Drift or no Drift in AUS

Doesnt really bother me because ill keep drifting either way and i hope all fake cunts quit because its not cool anymore

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

your a tool!! you really think it would be that hard to try and kill someone on the street when your pushing your car to near its limits!. i think you should hand your license in! people die in car accidents driving in 50 zones and you think that you wont hurt somebody when you push your car hard at more than 50?

example: my mum was killed at an intersection in an industrial area, she was driving home from my brothers and a car ran a stop sign and hit her. killed instantly. coroners exam showed he wasnt speeding just ran the sign. that was 1 in the morning.

so what your saying is your gonna drive safely when street drifting? you gonna stop at the stop signs, never break the speed limit?

your a fool that shouldnt be on the road if you dont think somebody could get killed

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Cheers mate

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Well said sundee. Agreed 100%. They were money hungry whores that fucked themselves.
    I thought I heard something on Triple J today about a drift series starting in may? Any one?....I missed the start of the story.

Exactly H8chir6ku, unpredictable. Unfortunately some people need it to happen to them to understand. Maybe I'm getting old lol....
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i cant know how much that would hurt but basically cars are dangerous in anyone's hands in any situation. what happened seems to not have anything to do with drift but rather an idiot or someone sleepy not paying attention.... just, unlucky. not saying you are but people feel they HAVE TO BLAME something - which doesn't help anyone. nothing to do with drifting or the guy you think is a fool, you're not wise, I'm not, hes not... its irrelevant. doesn't make him a tool OK... spread positive messages if you have to, don't call people you don't know insults. if you think he should hand his license in, then so should everyone else.

*edit* sorry to sound insensitive, i just hate seeing people hating on each-other for no real reason.
    Last edited by keiichi; 14th March 2010 at 10:18 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast