Thread: DA Fucked again...

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

thats right, you get nothing.
    vic is the same - we have winton to drive three hours to to queue up your car and blow the head gasket once every few months but thats about it.
    drifting on the street is pure evil and second to attempted manslaughter + no track stuff = australia wants nothing to do with it.

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

did anyone even read the whole link. it just says theyre having trouble finalizing things. and that they are still in negotiations to make things better. i.e cheaper and more achievable. TBH it sounds like a good thing, bummer for you guys down south but are there really NO track days at all you can go to? either way overall it doesnt sound like a bad thing, what would have been nice is if some other organization could have picked up the ball instead of DA, who are the ones who fucked it up for everyone in the first place.
    78's

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i think they need to trim the fat, have too many people working on it wanting too much money and stuff.

They need to simplify it, let it grow from a stable platform into something bigger and better over time, its not a "shoot for the moon and miss you'll reach the stars" sort of thing.
    I think they should get rid of the licenses, and just have open qualifying, even if they have like 100 people qualify those people still pay an entry fee of like 200 bucks. Pick 32 out of those and go from there. Get some underdogs and crowd favourites.

Any dick head with money can build a 100k car and do d.a, but the people who would do it better dont have money in those quantities.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

^ I agree.

I have nothing to add in which keiichi has not said.

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

when i rant i don't use punctuation!
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Dean
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

S
    o
    a
    p

o
    p
    e
    r
    a
    !
    ex-SR20 Stanza and now MX83 Cressida Driver

John 1:12

Name
    ed
    State
    tas
    Country
    australia

lol....
    i can't jaw off and say street drift is wrong, i've posted street videos up myself and have no right to hold a 'holier than thou' outlook on it, but seriously, there are road rules, no matter where you are, we go 45 kilometres away from the nearest town, 10k from the nearest house, but that doesn't make it right, the simple fact is we're all asked to abide by some rules and if we don't and get caught we're fucked, and the cops do roll up there, they have been before the big anti hoon thing came in. no amount of arguing and fighting on here will fix it, you know it's wrong so if you get caught or see segments on ACA about it there is nothing you can do, your the one who knows it's against the law when you start your bus up and drive out to your local spot. you can keep doing it, pretty much all of us do, but when your doing it your being a hoon and you know it, surely you can figure out that to the general public who aren't entirely educated in motorsport and cars all they see is a burnout, revving and smoke, no matter the skill or grace or how sick your entry was! deal with it!!!
    secondly why fuck the track? ken posted up some footage of him entering a corner in the top of 4th, mint footage, and it shows why the track is the go. you just can't get as loose as that on the street. to be honest dropping the clutch and doing a burnout like most of those gong beaters who got caught in melb and put on hack were doing is tame compared to scando entries on the wrong side of the road at 80-100 kph into corners when you think about it. if i had a family and was driving along minding my own business and some asset of a bloke trying to be luke fink hit me, it'd be shit. spotters can fuck up, radios can go flat, trust me.
    street is mint and free and i'll always have a dip, but you can't say if you get busted or hurt someone that it wasn't coming
    NEAR MISS

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

1 good point on why track is better. Why do you want to do it half assed? Sure it's still fun, but its much more fun at twice the speed and twice the angle.

Regardless of where your doing it, it's still an unpredictable environment, and there are still too many things to hit.
    Carlo's vid is a prime example of of a shit vid. He's a tool! Not because he was street drifting, not because he put his vid on youtube, but because he thought he was good enough to be the stigg with such a poor display of driving.
    Drift is not underground anymore... get over it.
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

.....and these are the days of our lives......
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

he didnt put it on youtube top gear aus did.

"Carlo's vid is a prime example of of a shit vid. He's a tool!"

well put man well put.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast