Thread: Formula 1 2010

Name
    Brendan
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

Default Formula 1 2010

Finally! its back, been stoked about this season for awhile now.
    So many things to cover i dont even know where to start.
    Qualifying is on a 9pm tonight on channel one.

I'll let other people do the talking for me at the moment.

Quick run down of the rule changes for 2010.

- No more refueling, it seems the RedBull is the most consistant with a full tank, and also seem to use their tyres the best.
    - KERS is scrapped
    - The qualifying system will change to accommodate the extra cars: 7 cars will drop out of the first qualifying session, 7 from the second and as in 2009, 10 cars will shoot-out for pole in the third session. The third session will now be run in low-fuel configuration due to the refuelling ban
    - The top ten drivers to qualify for the race must start the race on the same set of tyres that they qualified with. In the event that a tyre is damaged in qualifying, the FIA technical delegate will assess the extent of the damage and may allow the car to switch tyres to a set he deems to be safe
    - Wheel covers are no banned. THANK GOD.
    - The front tyres will be narrowed from 270mm to 245mm to improve the balance of grip between the front and rear
    - A new points system has been ratified for 2010, in response to the increased grid. Since 2003, points had been awarded to the top eight finishers: ten points for first, eight for second, six for third and all the way down to one for eighth place. The 2010 system will see 25 points for first, 18 for second, with third receiving 15, 12 for fourth and then ten, eight, six, four, two, and one for tenth place
    - The stewarding system will be overhauled for 2010. Rather than having a rotating line-up of stewards, they will now be drawn from a smaller, fixed pool of permanent stewards that will include former drivers. Previously, stewards were only able to issue twenty-five second penalties for infractions that occurred too late in the race for drivers to receive a normal penalty, but for 2010 they will have the power to hand out twenty-second penalties to drivers who would have received a drive-through penalty and thirty-second penalties to those who would have received a stop-go penalty. Any penalty must now be completed within two laps rather than the three of previous years
    - Drivers will now have just eleven sets of tyres over the course of a weekend, down from fourteen in 2009. Three of these sets are for practice only and must be returned before the start of qualifying, regardless of whether they are used or not

Bahrain Practice times

Name
    Brendan
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Davey & Riki-lee
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

Fuck yeah its gonna be great! cars are looking great this year! should be a good one to watch,
    R&D Mechanical, Seaford SA - please visit www.rdmechanicalshop.com
    Our introduction - Click here

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

WOOO HHHOOOOOO! It's here.
    This season should be really good.
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Travis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Fuck yes.

Name
    Damien
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hopefully webber has another good year.
    My AE86 race, street, drift build.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ead.php?t=4156
    With Super Thanks to AJPS for all your AE86 and BBQ needs.

Name
    Todd
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

so keen for tonights race. really enjoying the new rules too.
    should be interesting to see how the different teams go about it.

Name
    Lew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i think the newer teams will really struggle, and i hate no refueling even tho thats what gets webber half the time (well used to). but other than that i cant wait

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Im curious to see how safety is effected by the rule changes. Obviously no refueling is much safer. I was watching that 2009 montage they did and saw the footage of the car driving down pitlane with half a fueling rig hanging off it and the car behind bursts into flame!!!!
    BUT this leads to a heavy fuel load on cold tires at the start of each race which might make turn one of lap one a bit more exciting! And then add to that this front tyre size reduction looks like it would lead to more understeer and less brakes!
    And having watched qualifying the other night they were understeering a fair bit even with the light fuel loads!
    So basically heavier load less traction at the front and no more brakes than previously. should be fun expecially since webber was running out of brakes last year on light loads!!

Also the new section of the track looks bumpy as all shit!!!!

Something else i think will be very interesting is this no tire change from P3 rule means that 11th position on the grid has a big advantage! they can choose tires which means the all the first ten will be on the soft tires which look like they will be fecked after a few laps so all the first ten have to pit early. So P11 will start on better tires and start taking positions then go to the front after everyone pits!! Obviously this may not be the case for other tracks but apparently the medium tire is the one to be on at bahrain!
    The funniest thing of all is that as i hear it most of the teams have said that sitting out P3 qualifying is a valid tactic!! So unless they are sure they can get pole they won't go out of the pits during p3 and qualify in tenth with the tire they want to start the race on!
    I don't think anyone was interested in doing it at bahrain since they needed the testing time and practice on the new section and statistically P1 always wins at bahrain.
    But im sure that nobody will be pleased if it ends up with two teams lapping during p3 and everyone else chilling out!
    Launceston = Home of the surprise sodomist!!

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

cool that alonso is now going to friends with the fia after the monaco incident i think he learnt you have to be a ferrari driver to be friends with max.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast