This will be sick. Thread subscribed.

Name
    Ry
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Please keep this posted!
    Although I am a fan for natrually aspirated power, much respect for 4G63T. Will be scary as when finished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobxxx View Post
    I will legitimately drive nude...

Name
    Tim
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

defiantly following this one

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

This was my inspiration for the build, it used to belong to a mate of mine, was only making 260hp and weighed about the same as a KE but beat most things that came up next to it, and fuck did this thing get sideways ALOT!! Its actually a lancer but if you ask me it looks like a cross between a AE71 front with a meteor rear end. This was stripped down to make way fro a series 6 13BT but never happened and was sold back to the original owner and is now apparently about to recieve a full house 2JZ so if you see it on the street soon dont even bother to race it.

Name
    Dallas
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

This is one i will be watching , awesome conversion choice.
    I will finish ,One day.

Name
    Anton
    State
    NSW
    Country
    AUSTRALIA

WOW! you are gona scare some skyline's taking off next to them in this try and hide the intercooler and leave the paint, the most crazy of crazy sleepers! will defs be keeping my eye on this. keep up the good work mate

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Enter the BLUE DRAGON!!!

I picked this thing up lastnight for free of course.

The unfortunate thing about this poor little ke70 is that its only got 120 000 ks on it, the previous owner took the engine out 12 years ago and then hid it behind a mango tree and forgot about it. It is actually very straight but 12 years of weather didnt do it any good.

I managed to squeeze in some time to make up a home made flange for the rear water outlet out of some 6 ml alloy plate, bought some 40ml mandrel bends to finish up the rest of the system when time permits.

It turns out the 7MGTE 5 puck excedy clutch i had for sale was a perfect size and fit for the rwd conversion, only needed to get the flywheel re-drilled and a hole machined for the spigot bearing. That has shaved nearly $1000 off the conversion. BARGAIN!

Also thanks to someone on here who gave me a heads up, the evo 3 standard inlet manifold bolts straight up to the evo 7, For those who dont know the evo 3 engine has the inlet and exhaust on opposite sides so the throttle will be facing to the front of the engine. Although there is a bit of port matching to be done and there are no injector holes so some bosses will have to be welded in and mounts for the fuel rail. I have actually decided against getting a custom inlet manifold due to the fact that i'll loose a fair amount of mid range torque. Power is good but torque is better.

Name
    James
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

coming along nicely dude fuck thats a bit of rust mate...

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

It was only a matter of time before something went wrong with this project, it was coming along waaaayy to easy. I have just found out the bellhousing i had on order will NOT bolt up to the evo 7 block. I must have misread/misunderstood its suitability range.

However there are still a few other options on the table when it comes to gearbox choice although there alot more expensive than the old el cheapo w58 box considering i just sent the clutch and flywheel off to get mated.

Option 1 - same guy (bill hincher) offers a r154 to 4G63 narrow block 4G63

Option 2 - different mob offers a adaptor plate to suit a T56 for the narrow block 4G63

either way is going to cost me a couple of grand more out of the original budget i had set, which in turn means its going to take longer.

I think id rather the T56 as its a six speed and is a bit stronger than the R154 and shifts alot smoother.

Today's efforts gave me a chance to see how well the motor will sit in the engine would fit in the corolla. So far it looks good with only the oil filter sitting a bit close to the sway bar. The engine plates i made up line up really well with the crossmember and good clearance both sides and at the back of the motor.

I went shopping last night and scored a stinger 4424 for $450, got to be happy with that. I also spoke to the stinger supplier and can get a evo 7 base map loaded onto it.

Name
    Wayne
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I like this build and where its going, cant wait to see some more progress
    Last edited by 4agte70; 20th March 2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: silly question
    20V silvertop, HKS 2510, Microtech LT10s with dash display, A Spec coilovers, AJPS RCAs + traction brackets, T3 adj trailing arms, TRD 2 way, braided brake lines,Kelway half cage, Cusco cambertops and braces. 174rwkw @ 15psi....SOLD

CA18det Gayzelle cooner

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast