Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The evorolla

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

he he, yeah its pretty bad. Depends tho . . . . how good are you with a welder? anything's fixable to a certain point

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

ok time for a small update i guess. Alot of things have changed direction on this car lately this is why its not rocketing along as i first thought. For starters the blue shell is getting the flick, reason being is the car is literally falling to pieces and it doesnt even move! I have picked up an ae71 manual cheap that will be the new shell for the install. Another reason is that the blue shell had been sitting for that long that if i were to get everything running in it i think all the rust and shit in the lines and tank wouldnt be any good for my 35000k motor.

Also as of this morning a gearbox choice has finally been made and that will be the mighty R154, bellhousing has been paid for and should be here in 7 - 10 days though i still have to pick a gearbox up itself in the meantime. Kinda glad i had to go R154 because i can throw everything the 4g63 has at it and it will take it just fine. Another upside is the clutch I had made for the w58 is the same spline so it will still be used.

Lastly the original idea for cutting the flange off the 7 manifold and welding it onto the evo 3 manifold will be getting done, found someone who will be cheaper than the original guy who first quoted me and he didnt give me excuses on why he didnt want to do it himself or me to get it done, which is good. The manifold should be ready tomorrow.

I also bought a staino exhaust manifold and dump and have cut the flange off to turn it 180 degrees and also change the angle so it drops straight down instead of booming across the engine bay and sitting on the strut tower. The staino dump pipe that came with it looks like will be able to fit with some minor mods also which is good.

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

fun day, bought some new tools - compressor die grinder and die kit, and alot of fucken cutting disc's!!! i think im on my 10th one and the motor isnt even mounted yet!

manifold is finished apart from mounting the fuel rail, went to pick it up lastnight and when i got there it was still warm. Now thats service!

crossmember is de-mounted and ready for new ones.

and the exhaust manifold, fairly happy with it, looks like a quality job

mmmmmm 7 second 4g63 corolla . . . . . drool

Name
    Calvin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

so you've used evo 3 mani on evo 7 flange? couldnt you just turb the evo 7 mani around on the flange or wouldn't that work?

good work
    T18 in the build

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i think this is a case of PLEASE EXPLAIN??? do you mean upside down? because if i turned it around wouldnt it be back to front?

nice build man keep it up

Name
    Calvin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

haha yeh ignore my comment. idiot lol
    T18 in the build

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

houston we have box

The second most expensive item in this build! There once was a young fella who went by the name of jordo, and one evening he went out and purchased an r154 off a man who went by the name of "shifty". Lets hope the gearbox is ok!!! although not off to a good start . . . .

DOH! wasnt me was shifty i tells you

and this is the new(ish) shell. Best thing is that i now dont have to buy a pedal box and clutch setup or install it.

im glad it was me that bought this car and not some poor bastard intending to use it as a daily because he would of found the following things wrong with it

cut metal rear brake line (it was cut and then was attempted to be sealed by folding it over itself)
    radiator had something large got through the core and was another attempted fix by folding the tube over itself
    incorrect and dodgy tailshaft bolts
    fingertight bolts holding the center of the tailshaft to the chassis (forget what you call it)
    bolts missing on gearbox, other's nearly fingertight
    dodgy speaker wire bypass wiring to coil

and the fella that sold it to me said it just needs a battery and a main ignition relay! Ha! i should ring him back and tell him never to work on cars again.
    THE EVOROLLA none of this SR shit . . . EVO 7 powered bitches

https://www.facebook.com/KeConversions

KE conversions - making your conversion simple

4AGE CA18 SR20 BEAMS 1UZ to KEXX mounting kits and hydraulic pedal box's available

Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Looks straight though

Nice update.

Shifty off Performance forums? Nice bloke.

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah . . . . um looks . . . . straight he he, you cant see the tin of bog that was applied by a blind man. Shifty off toymods
    THE EVOROLLA none of this SR shit . . . EVO 7 powered bitches

https://www.facebook.com/KeConversions

KE conversions - making your conversion simple

4AGE CA18 SR20 BEAMS 1UZ to KEXX mounting kits and hydraulic pedal box's available

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast