Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default The evorolla

Introducing the EVOROLLA

1982 KE70 + EVO 7 4G63

the car isnt anything special at the moment, i bought it off some old fart from the southside (qld) who bought it off the original owner. When i got it it had 129 xxx ks and was stock as a rock. It had all of the mudflaps, venetian's and auto! and I happened to pick it up for $1000 with couple of months rego left on it. After owning the celica (RA23 1JZ VVTi) for a while i didnt like the fact that it was never going to handle as good as many other car's i could have owned/built so i decided to do something completely different to whats been done before. The main reason i chose the 4G63 is because i really thought there is no better 2ltr 4cyl motor out there bang for buck. There are a huge rang of upgrading engine parts available as well as 2.2 to 2.4ltr stroker kits. The clyinder heads are one of the best flowing heads ive heard of from stock and they have huge potential should i ever want to squeeze everything out of it. But the aim now is to just focus on getting it all running and then go from there. I also chose the 2nd gen evo motor because the exhaust is on the passenger side of the car which will be much easier for the conversion because i wont have to worry about heat shielding the masters and have tight passage for the exhaust dodging the steering and swapping sides, and it also has a decent factory power output of 206kw at the flywheel!

The ke70 will remain a stock daily for the mean time while i pick up a roller hopefully sometime this week and start on the conversion and once its all done it will all be swapped over. In the mean time, when or if i ever get the time im going to try and re-start on the panel work after not being able to continue because of the constant rain lately, the panels have started to rust up :mad:

So today i went and picked up the 4G63 . . . pfffffft who needs a trailer rear mounted 4G63 corolla FTW!!!

parts ive aquired so far

evo 7 4G63 with said 35 000 ks on it, i believe it after stripping the motor down today, so very very clean and almost 0 corrosion. Im not sure but does the sticker on the cam gear cover say its had its 10 000k service???

W58
    S13 lca's, knuckles, spindles
    S14 5 stud hubs and factory 16" wheels
    R33 front rotor's 297ml, 4 piston calipers and BM44 brake master
    Cusco Z1 front coilovers
    Blitz 450 x 300 x 76 cooler
    APJS rear spring adjusters

Im currently waiting on a bellhousing which will be coming from the states, the bellhousing still needs to be finshed which needs to be machined and drilled. The bellhousing has been designed really really well and is well priced too. I rang dellow first and i think they wanted $750 for a kit which was a whole lot of custom made parts and they didnt have any in stock at the time so i would of had to get group buy happening. So i started looking for other options and then i found this guy after a bit of searching . He's basically designed it to suit both gen's (evo 1 - 3 and 4 - 9) and so you can use stock supra and evo parts - this explains alot .

wishlist or parts I still have to obtain are -

Hilux diff, I'll be running MA70 disc's on the rear
    some decent springs and shocks for the rear
    custom tailshaft
    Aftermarket ecu of some sort
    AE71 pedal box, clutch master
    custom clutch & pressure plate
    upgrade the radiator
    Greddy type RS BOV (plumback)
    Some sort of legal air box
    I/C pipework
    decent fuel system
    a tune and then skids!

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

It looks like ive got my work cut out for me for converting the engine to RWD

First up is the plenum, it looks as if i'll have to go a complete custom one made becuase the original plan was to cut n shut it but looking at the runner's they seem to be shorter at the front of the motor so i dont think it will work. I guees there is no down side to this, it will look 10 times better and flow shiteloads more, i'll throw on an XF throttle as well. However the factory injector's are 560cc item so that wont have to be touched . . yay!

then im going to be getting some custom rwd water lines made, its actually going to be alot easier than i thought, i used the gasket from here and i'll send it away and get a flange made and buy some pipework, cut it up and mark it all out and get it tig'd up! too easy

Im going to be tossing up between getting a adaptor made for the stock ex mani or buying a cheap ebay manifold and cutting and turning the flange around 180 degree's. Im thinking more to the ebay one as it will complement the engine a bit better but im hoping it wont crack and leak. I was actually worried at first because the turbo sits quite close to the block and wouldnt leave much room for the custom engine mounts made. I really want to stick with the TD05 just for the response. But turning the turbo around i found its actually on a slight angle and will (hopefully) give me enough room for the plates to be made.

I dont think i have to but im going to cut this factory fwd setup engine mount off as it pokes out and looks a little ugly

Name
    Jason
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You may run into troble running that stock manifold with the turbo just turned 180.. may end up being to wide and foulling the strut tower...

And I'm sure a good alloy fabricator could sort you out a flange and weld it too your stock manifold.. Similiar to the way ppl to the 4a cut and shuts.. Probably be even easier if your converting to a simple throttle body like the falcon unit... But why your want to go a 70mm throttle when you plan on retaining the stock turbo.?. Really no need and your just lossing response by doing so..

4g's are really kewl engines..strong as.. Hardly ever see them converted to rwd... Should be a mad project...

Name
    gay
    State
    n1gger land
    Country
    south korea seoul

oh yes ! i love seeing cars without 4ages. this thing will be awesome.
    lol at white people in japan. just lol.

Name
    Davey & Riki-lee
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

Interesting! should be great when its done dont give up!
    `
    R&D Mechanical, Seaford SA - please visit www.rdmechanicalshop.com
    Our introduction - Click here

Banned

4g63's are easy the best 2lt 4cyl made. flow bench a head next to an sr or something and youll see.
    that front engine mount should come off if i remember? its been a while though.
    get a custom exhaust manifold man, sit the turbo where you want etc. these things LOVE long tuned length runners.

Name
    Clay
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

loled so hard at the first pic

i would lose my shit if i was following that

am going to follow this!

Name
    Brendan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

love it man, its great to see something other than a 4A...

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

redwork - wont know until i get the shell and bellhousing. I thought the XF throttle was 65ml, in my opinion 65ml would be sweet size for 2ltr any bigger and yeah it would be a lil silly. If im going to get a custom plenum made i would be stupid to stick with the stock throttle. Besides which i dont plan on running the tdo5 forever, will be upgrading to 30/71 or 30/76 at some stage.

AE70 - I havent even started yet, lol

thanks for the comments guys, cant wait til this is up and running - should be nice mountain goat
    Last edited by J0RD0; 13th March 2010 at 10:50 PM.

Veteran
    Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Will keep my eye on this

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast