Name
    Leigh
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Default leighs KE70.

ok so story goes..

I was catching the train one afternoon after uni (due to my vl turbo breaking constantly), as i was walking to the bus stop i saw this little blue corolla from the distance, i went and checked it over, no rust bar a hole under the bootlid, i also noticed it was manual! i then wrote a note and left it on the guys windscreen..

got a call about 3 months later, and told me he wanted to get rid of it, i offered him $200 and he sold it to me that night. was super happy to find it was literally faultless with immaculate standard interior.

paint was fairly shagged but doesnt bother me too much.
    photos from the day i picked it up:

my plan from there was to get it on the road, first had to fill the hole in the boot, and also get a parker lense + borrowed 4 tires for vicroads inspection. thats all that was required for the RWC. needless to say i was shocked..

so bogged up the rear and also picked up some color matched pressurepack cans and sprayed pretty much the whole rear of the car. also bogged up the holes for the badges and had some fun with the "rolla badge"

the car was on the road for a day before i decided it was too high, so went makita lows allround.. also being from melbourne, i knew rain was spontaneous so needed to lock the diff.. that occured the day after.

i also got sick of looking at the car on standard ke wheels so i invested in some 15x7 meshys from "slidin' 71" - leigh.

(btw i know there terrible pics. there off my phone. ill get some decent ones when im finished restoring the paint and clean it up a bit)

the car has stayed relatively like this for about the past month, just brought a gktech steeringwheel n few other bits n pieces but nothing special..

however last week i invested in a minor project that i thought would be fun, i purchased the ex "toyospares" ae71 panelvan equipped with a bigport 4age and ADM T50.. only issue with the purchase was the 4age hadn't really been looked after all that well and developed a bottom end knock.
    so plan was to pull it all out, and replace the bottom end bearings and few gaskets, also new fluids etc..
    pics -

so out the engine came and the loom + gearbox etc..

also found out the car has a surgetank which was a pretty sweet find!. also the exhaust has been welded to the extractors so needa cut them off and get a new exhaust made up!

so thats pretty much where im at atm.. hopefully the bearings come tomoro and i can dump it all in!

cheers,
    leigh.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

looking great dude, noticed you're in melbourne so give us a yell if you need a hand spinning spanners

Name
    Leigh
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

cheers dude that would be sweet!

update - put the bottom end bearings in today, shit job.. too messy and precise for my liking! plus took me ages to find the torque settings off the net! but yeahh all back together now. just a case of drilling the hole for the master cylinder, putting in the pedalbox, installing the clutch and box again to the engine and dump it in! also gotta find a place for the surge tank and fuelpump. all this should be happening friday, still needa pull my 4k out and change over the crossmembers but this should only really take a good half an hour! just learning everything as i go so its kinda keeping me entertained..

also wanna get some knuckles and corona LCA's.. just a case of sourcing the parts i guess..

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i saw about 4 xt130 coronas at centre road a couple of weeks ago, a couple of em were still on the deck, would deifnately be in the air by now, problem solved

Name
    Leigh
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

hahaa sweet man! i work in moorabbin and live in bayswater north so i take centre rd to work ahah handy! so now its a question of what tools i need to remove them!? hoping to take as few tools as possible cause i ride to work.. ahah

Name
    Brandon
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

looks pretty sweet dude, wat ur plans suspension wise?

Name
    Leigh
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

when i can afford them - coilovers, cambertops.. etc.. but for the moment, I'm running chopped falcon springs front and rear. for the moment, its stiff enough. just wanna get some more lock atm hahaa should have been my first mod! ahwell.

also i swapped back to all four meshys, got scared knowing one of my mates had them on his car and his close to, if not, the sh!ttest driver known to man. i didn't wanna receive them back with gutter rash so.. ill get some photos up after work tomorrow with a half decent camera.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

um, a 14 a 17 i think.. and some side cutters for the pin.

Name
    Ethan
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

fuckin mass hammer for steering arm and 12 for swaybar and brake caliper bolt
    braker bar always helps !~

Name
    Leigh
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

update.

so i was up late friday night ripping the 4k out and putting the 4age in.. also obviously change the crossmember and a few other bits and pieces. but managed to get the engine in by 3am hahaa here are some quick photos i took.

i only really dumped the engine in the car then went to bed so im not sure what holes i have to drill tomoro or if my tailshaft fits (due to being from a panelvan?) or anything.. so im expecting some fun challenges in the morning!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast