Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: my adm 86 project so far

Default my adm 86 project so far

got myself an old adm 86 and although i drove it home from the guys place the body was pretty rusted out so im completely cuttin out the rust and basically rebuilding this old girl from ground up. just thought i would put a thread up in here as im new to the sight and would love feed back and any help i can get really. i have always been a r31 skyline person before this but always wanted a 86 just never had the coin or able to find one when i had coin. luckily this time i picked this old girl up for 500 bucks so am tryin to make her mint with alot of time and work.
    updated page today peoples enjoy

im located in wollongong NSW by the way not sure if there are many boys round here with em but if ya are give me a shout
    when i pulled up at my house after driving home

these pics are of when i first got her home and stripped it back to a shell
    very rough old girl.

the dude that had it before me obviously had big plans for this car but as usual once people realise just how much time and effort its gonna take the project dies down pretty quick.

here are some pics of the progress so far. i have cut alot of rust out and rewelded in all new pieces and for now have put a coat of mat black over the top cut to protect it till i send i out for paint once im all done hope you like

painted undercarage black with a fishoil body dedener type paint to protect from rust now that it is rust free

put nolathane bushes through the whole back end. all i need to do underneath now is tidy up the fuel tank and body that is hidden behind fuel tank then can start puttin a diff together and disc brake conversion and so on cant wait

hey guys havnt been on for a bit to update this. and cause i havnt got all that much more done cause of the arrival of my little son oliver but gottin back into it a little bit lately so here are some new pics of stuff so far

will try get some more pics and shit as i progress now.

motor gettin closer.

Last edited by bradae86; 28th June 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: updated

Name
    Niz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

looks like your traveling well man... look forward to seeing what comes out of the oven when you have finished baking....
    ------------------>>>Need something welded locally??? Hit me up, I may just be able to help<<<------------------

BENT MECHANIX - Garage 20:

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

like it so far might have to come see it sometime what sort of parts are you looking for that you might need for the conversion keep up the good work
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looks good. Are you going turbo 16V with ST quads?

Im from Wollongong as well, Balgownie to be precise. There are a few of us around Wollongong, would be good to all get together one time for a couple of beers or something.

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

If you decide to go turbo, let me know, cause i might buy your quads off you.

If you need an adapter check out T3, here is the link: They arent too pricey, and are meant to be the bees knees

Name
    Tim
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

looking forward to this buildup...quad throttles

one of the boys on here said thats american dollars so it ends up costing more than ya would think.

fuck payin almost double if it is in us dollars and then postage on top would be a rip off too. ill investigate it further.

and as far as quad throttles goes there is a dude in nz that has heaps of em that he sells so i can see if he can get em to ya for cheaper than normal

well i was right about the american dollar thing. just got an email back from the adaptor people and they gave me a quote in us dollars and after using a converter its gonna work out ot about 365 dollars fo the adaptor. fuck payin that much for an adaptor.might have to see about findin one ofr cheaper or use a mates gear and make my own

Name
    Andrew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Most of them seem to be around $300ish from what ive seen. It should be pretty simple to make one up if you have the right tools.

well im pretty much only lacking the adaptor plate now for the quads so i think im just gonna make some up. ill be sure to post up pics when there done

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast