Thread: car wont start. fuse? ke70.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default headlights wont work.wiring issue ke70.

hey all, after having to recharge my battery in my ke70 i go out this morning to try and start it and i'm still confronted by nothing more then the charge light coming on.

the headlights still work, but the taillights don't! nothing else will work but the headlights. so i'm lead to believe that the battery is charged, the indicator on it also says its charged. so have i blown a main fuse or something? i've checked all the fuses in the cabin and there fine. i opened up the fuse box next to the battery and they seem fine, but how can i check if the mains has blown? or is it a different issue?

cheers for any help
    Last edited by keto; 27th January 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Name
    Steven
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I had the same problem the other week. cheak the wiring coming off the
    batterie mostley likey is faulty there.. or its a caben fuse
    New Car! Project S13 GTR Offsett!!

Name
    Alex
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

this was happening to me, so i ended up re-wireing the starter to a pushbutton on my dash.

if u want to test the starter take it out but keep it connected with the main connection(the one with a bolt)

remove the other connection, earth the body of the starter with something and then short the main connection to the spade connection(careful it gives a good kick if its working)
    if this works then its something between the key barrel and that spade connection
    alot there yes i know,

what i did was run a wire striaght from the spade connection to a switch in the cabin, and then have the other side of the switch go directly to the positive side of the battery.

if you get frustrated jsut do that lol
    Formerly known as grape_moosha

UPDATE: ok 1 problem sorted, turns out one of the wires running from the positive terminal of the battery was loose and was only just touching, so there was no connection. i have rewired it and the car now starts and everything works, well almost...

now my headlights dont work! the passenger side parker works but thats it, surely i havent blown both bulbs? i've checked all the fuses and there fine. the taillights work, so is it just the big silver dome fuse (whatever there called) that will need replacing (in the engine bay) i have checked all 3 of them (2 in he drivers kick panel) and they all seem to work if you put them in the spot for the taillights, but none of them work for the headlights. my job requires me to drive at night so lights would be sweet haha.

cheers